U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:30 AM

655 posts, read 2,041,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrein2 View Post
Hi Guys,
I noticed that this thread was started last year. My wife and I are also planning to move to Syracuse area from California next month since I got job around that area. Even we dont know much about the area and are feeling nervous as you can understand. Can you guys please guide us about best place to rent and where are indians mostly located around syracuse.

Thanks
Mandar
Hello Mandar,

I wanted to send you this list of the Best/Nicest Apartments in the Liverpool, NY area. These apartments are available for rent to people of all nationalities.

Click on the following Link Lines to read detailed information about each apartment complex.

This apartment complex is located at the far northern edge of the Liverpool suburban area. Heat & hot water included in the rent. An expressway for quick travel to the entire Metro Syracuse area is one mile away. MANY Shopping Plazas & Mall are only 3/4 mile to 1 mile away. Garages available. Safe suburban area.
http://liverpool-newyork.olx.com/377...h-iid-60318866

This apartment complex is conveniently located for easy commute to Syracuse city. Two bedroom with two bathroom apartments are available. Heat, hot water, & standard TV cable included in the rent. The public bus service operates on the main street just outside the complex. The buildings, landscaping and lawns are well maintained. Garages are available. Safe suburban area. Grocery shopping is a short drive away.
http://liverpool-newyork.olx.com/300...s-iid-44549517

This apartment complex is top notch. Two bedroom with two bathroom apartments are available. Heat, hot water, standard TV cable & internet service is included in the rent. Garages are available. Safe suburban area.
http://liverpool-newyork.olx.com/477...s-iid-44549552

This apartment complex is built in a landscaped park-like setting. The apartments are soundproofed and they are constructed of concrete and brick. Apartments with 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms are available. There is a swimming pool and tennis court. All utilities are included in the rent: heat, hot water, electricity, air conditioning ~ these items have a price value of $150 to $200 per month. Garages are available. Safe suburban area. Wegman's Grocery Store, people really like this store, is on a nearby street just a 600 foot walk away.
http://liverpool-newyork.olx.com/730...r-iid-44549549

This apartment complex is located in a nice safe suburban residential neighborhood. Many different apartment layouts and price ranges are available. Apartments with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms are available. There is a swimming pool. A TOPS Grocery Store is nearby. MANY Shopping Plazas and a Mall are 1-1/2 mile away.
http://baldwinsville.olx.com/8402-th...r-iid-44549540

To see a street map showing where these apartments are located, click on the following Link Line and enter the street and town address. Then click on "GET MAP"
www.mapblast.com/

I hope this information is helpful to you. These very nice apartments are top quality in the Metro Syracuse area.

Last edited by grdnrman; 02-21-2011 at 11:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 08:58 AM

1 posts, read 662 times
Default Need Friends

Friends,

Have just moved to Syracuse as my husband has come for his job ,as moved from India you can understand how depressed i am, feeling very lonely as in India we are used to see people around us always ,need some friends & families whom i can talk to and have a good social life.At present i am a housewife and have put up in James street .

Need some friends and also pls. refer me some Indian community near by.

Regards
Debs

Old 08-15-2012, 10:42 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,068,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb1234 View Post
Friends,

Have just moved to Syracuse as my husband has come for his job ,as moved from India you can understand how depressed i am, feeling very lonely as in India we are used to see people around us always ,need some friends & families whom i can talk to and have a good social life.At present i am a housewife and have put up in James street .

Need some friends and also pls. refer me some Indian community near by.

Regards
Debs
Here is the website for the Indian Community & Religious Cultural Center of Syracuse:
ICRCC

There are many board members with email addressses, contact information, and links on the left side of the website that should be able to assist you in getting acquainted with the local community.

If you are of the Hindu faith, there are temples in the area. I'm sure they would be able to give you some additional information on the Indian community in Syracuse.
Hindu Mandir of Central New York - Home

There appears to be another house of workship on the city's east side (about a 10 minute drive from James Street).
Global Network of BAPS, Mandirs in usa, Syracuse

Here are some Indian restaurants in the area:

Liverpool (suburb north of city)
India House Restaurant - Liverpool/Syracuse NY

Syracuse (near Syracuse University)
Taste of India | Syracuse, NY 13210

There are a few others but I was unable to locate websites. Perhaps some other members of this forum would be able to provide additional information.

Best of luck and welcome to Syracuse!

Old 08-15-2012, 11:43 AM

56,310 posts, read 80,538,246 times
There are also Indian markets in the area too: Welcome to Kashmir Groceries & Imports - Indian Foods in Syracuse, NY

Welcome to Namaste India: Indian Groceries, Syracuse NY

It seems like most Indians/South Asians in the area live in the Liverpool area, the Eastern suburbs(especially DeWitt), the East Side(Westcott, University and Outer Comstock neighborhoods) and some on the North Side(near James Street and some south of Grant Boulevard). There are others sprinkled throughout the rest of the area though.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:53 PM

1 posts, read 475 times
Hi guys,

We are planning to move to syracuse from ohio and i plan to do an imitation jewellary business, how would it work up there in upstate? You think i can attract clients?
Which is the best place to interact with indian community for promoting my bussiness?
I would appreciate honest comments...
Thank you in advance...

Rene.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:39 AM

56,310 posts, read 80,538,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene1480 View Post
Hi guys,

We are planning to move to syracuse from ohio and i plan to do an imitation jewellary business, how would it work up there in upstate? You think i can attract clients?
Which is the best place to interact with indian community for promoting my bussiness?
I would appreciate honest comments...
Thank you in advance...

Rene.
I'd look in the Westcott or Marshall Street area due to the presence of Indian students at Syracuse University and SUNY Upstate. Downtown or along the Erie Boulevard East corridor may work too.

This thread should help to give you some ideas as well: Indian Doctor Considering Moving to Syracuse

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 02-21-2014 at 07:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area