Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 04:09 PM

592 posts, read 1,814,220 times

Advertisements

To calm things down a bit here.......and get back to the OP post........after all my waiting for it........YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting an iPad on March 11th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to any naysayers here, I'M GOING TO LOVE IT, I'M GOING TO USE, AND IT'S NOT GOING TO BREAK DOWN BECAUSE IT'S AN APPLE.

I don't know how anyone can compare an iPad to their phone other than the things it does because there's one MAIN difference...the screen size! So far as an artist I intend to use drawing and brush art programs on it, do photo adjusting on it, play games, read and answer emails, use the internet for whatever I need, and play games on it when I'm not at home. I'm sure I'll find other things to use it for, also. It comes doggone near to being a VERY convenient sized, and very portable, personal computer for my purposes which my new iPhone does not. Although I love it for texting and quick use of the internet, and of course as a phone, the screen is too small to enjoy doing most other things on it for any length of time.

Soooo......here's one person who's looking forward to March 11th!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by JudiPatooti; 03-03-2011 at 04:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 04:40 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
I wonder if Ipad owners meet more chicks.
yes

Old 03-05-2011, 10:12 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,703,450 times
Just like some people love Apple on principle, some people hate Apple on principle. Some people just want the best device for what they need, which is why more people buy Apple products every year.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:03 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Anyone heard what the original iPad will be going for once the 2 hits the shelves tomorrow? You would think since they are selling the 2 at the same price there would be a huge discount for them to get rid of the original iPad's in stock.

I want an iPad and would LOVE to have one and will use one when I do get one.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:15 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Anyone heard what the original iPad will be going for once the 2 hits the shelves tomorrow? You would think since they are selling the 2 at the same price there would be a huge discount for them to get rid of the original iPad's in stock.

I want an iPad and would LOVE to have one and will use one when I do get one.
Apple and most retailers have lowered the price by $100 for v1 units.
store.apple.com lists even deeper discounts for refurb units ($349-529) - these are great because they are physically as new and carry a one year warranty as new.

There are tens of thousands of iPads on Craigslist across the country and many prices are satisfactory, but do consider these have been used up to one year and have no warranty, a fair price IMHO would be $250 (16GB WiFi) and $100 more for each memory increase up to $450.

Good luck!

Old 03-10-2011, 07:55 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Anyone heard what the original iPad will be going for once the 2 hits the shelves tomorrow?
good question. i wonder if my cousin's husband would be willing to sell me his old one

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudiPatooti View Post
after all my waiting for it........YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting an iPad on March 11th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good luck! will you be using 4G?

Old 03-12-2011, 05:28 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Still not upgradable.
Still no flash support
Still no USB
Still no power
Still incredibly limited storage
Still can't connect to a truly secure network infrastructure
Still too brand-specific
Still nothing but an overpriced toy that people desperate for attention will buy because an advertising campaign has convinced them that owning it will somehow make them more interesting as a person.
OMG

Old 03-12-2011, 01:12 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,239,004 times
I have the original iPad, and I must say that it is an odd device. On one hand, it is a fairly useless and irrelevant product (same with the iPod Touch, in my opinion), on the other, it is pretty darn cool. I don't use it very much, but to be honest I would use it more often if it had cameras like the iPad 2 does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Still not upgradable.
Still no flash support
Still no USB
Still no power
Still incredibly limited storage
Still can't connect to a truly secure network infrastructure
Still too brand-specific
Still nothing but an overpriced toy that people desperate for attention will buy because an advertising campaign has convinced them that owning it will somehow make them more interesting as a person.
Why should it be upgradable, and are any tablets on the market upgradable?

The "flash" topic has been explained to death in other threads.

As for no USB, this topic has been explained to some degree, but keep in mind that the iPad is not meant to be replacement for laptops. It is not supposed to be a laptop at all (all though many uninformed individuals believe it should be). When the netbook craze hit a few years ago, many manufacturers were able to move many units. But, it came at a cost: sales of higher-end laptops dropped. Jobs understood this, and doesn't want to produce a product that will compete with Apple's line. That is why the iPad will never have USB, etc.

No power? What do you mean? It has plenty of power to do what it needs to do.

Incredibly limited storage? What? This is a personal opinion, but the iPad is supposed to be an eReader "with more functionality", not a replacement device to store your entire home theater collection.

Too brand specific? Your point is?

The rest isn't worth commenting on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
When Apple came out with the first iPhone, who made a similar product? hmmmm. Oh, that's right. NO ONE
LG made a phone called Prada which debuted at trade shows a good while before the iPhone was even announced. LG took Apple to court over claims that Apple stole many of their ideas.

What ever the case, the Prada was released January 2007, the iPhone June, 2007. So, Apple wasn't the first.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:17 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Why buy it when come August the iPad 3 will be released?

Old 03-12-2011, 06:20 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Hmm, a new toy, for those who must have every gadget. My problem with these pads is that you must get internet for it, so you pay internet on your phone, for your laptop, and for your tablet? At what point is that just too much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets