Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 05:16 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,930,761 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with the Zagg Folio iPad2 covers? Or if you have an iPad can you suggest a good cover. The ones at the Apple Store only covers the front and not the back of the system.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 04:28 PM

6,418 posts, read 11,556,911 times
I use the Apple cover on the front, and a plastic cover from Belkin on the back.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:59 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,384,456 times
They have a better selection on Amazon.com. That's where I buy mine and they are way cheaper.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:53 AM

4,035 posts, read 10,265,389 times
The iPad Smart Cover is one of the best things Apple has ever designed, and that’s saying something. I got the one in black leather and love it. I, too, am looking for a back cover that doesn’t interfere with the Smart Cover.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
The iPad Smart Cover is one of the best things Apple has ever designed, and that’s saying something. I got the one in black leather and love it. I, too, am looking for a back cover that doesn’t interfere with the Smart Cover.
This is the one I have:

Amazon.com: Belkin Snap Shield - Back Cover for Apple iPad 2 (CLEAR): Electronics

Old 10-18-2011, 05:37 AM

5,640 posts, read 5,058,190 times
Quote:
Take a look at the Coverbuddy from Switcheasy.com. I have one and am very happy with it. It works with the Apple Smart Cover and the slight texture to the surface makes it very grippable.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:57 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,930,761 times
Thanks for all the info.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:10 AM

16,482 posts, read 19,520,983 times
Quote:
You have GOT to be kidding me. I bought one of those for my wife. $65.00 for that POS cover? Apple should be embarassed to sell such a lousy "cover".
It comes off a lot. If you fold it to stand it up you have to be careful touching the screen or it falls over.
My wife and I are both disgusted with the lousy quality of that "cover".
I expect better from Apple.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
You have GOT to be kidding me. I bought one of those for my wife. $65.00 for that POS cover? Apple should be embarassed to sell such a lousy "cover".
It comes off a lot. If you fold it to stand it up you have to be careful touching the screen or it falls over.
If it comes off "a lot" then you and your wife must be a good deal rougher on your iPad than I am on mine! It does come off but only when I do something clumsy, since it's only held by a magnet. But that's a pretty strong magnet. It is something that should be considered by anyone wanting an iPad cover, so it's good that you brought it up.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:09 AM

4,035 posts, read 10,265,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I stand it up to do Skype/FaceTime and watch videos. It’s meant to prop it up, not support heavy swiping or typing in that configuration. The cover is attached with magnets and is designed to come off easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets