U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:26 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,056,225 times

Advertisements

It was unclear that you meant two email addresses. iCloud is a service for syncing music, contacts, calendar, etc., and some people have a email address ending in @icloud.com.

The short answer is yes, you can change the Name of your @icloud.com address in Settings and it will have no effect on your husband’s account. They're completely separate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 12:42 PM

470 posts, read 917,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
And I think you need to be more polite to people investing their own time to help you.

And you need to stop saying "I opened up iCloud and sent an email..."
You don't "open" iCloud. It's not an app, it's more of a service. You use an app to send and receive email, and iCloud synchs it for you.
I think if you look at any post I have made on this forum, you will find that I am very respectful and nice.

My response to you was just as dry as your post. All I was saying is that if you would have read the first post and my other response, I don't think you would have replied the way you did ... as I never even mentioned hubby and I sharing an email, or anything about a phone.

And I apologize if my techno lingo isn't up to your standards.

Jules

Old 01-21-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Settings > mail,contacts, calendars >? iCloud> account> advanced. I don't know if changing the name there affects the account or not. Mine is set to use a me.com address. I assume that there is a way to edit that somewhere, but I do not know where yet.

Edit: it seems that you can log into your iCloud account on a computer. Click on mail. In the resulting page there is a gear in the upper right corner. Click that and select preferences. On one of the tabs, you can change the name. I believe that it is the same setting that can be accessed on the iPad as mentioned in my first paragraph above. Making that change probably wont affect anything except the email. i didn't change mine so i can't be 100% sure what else it may affect. I do not think it will affect the iTunes account at all.
Thank you for that information. I will give it a try and see how it goes.

Thanks bunches! Jules

Old 01-21-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
It was unclear that you meant two email addresses. iCloud is a service for syncing music, contacts, calendar, etc., and some people have a email address ending in @icloud.com.

The short answer is yes, you can change the Name of your @icloud.com address in Settings and it will have no effect on your husband’s account. They're completely separate.
Thank you!

Jules

Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 AM

11,818 posts, read 13,959,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekkidFish View Post

And I apologize if my techno lingo isn't up to your standards.

Jules
Only trying to educate, my dear, not be rude.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Only trying to educate, my dear, not be rude.
Thank you!!!

I have another question, so I'll just ask here.

Can I watch regular live TV on the iPad via a cable of some sort?

I know I can watch things on the iPad through Hulu, Netflix and Amazon.

However, let's say there's a great movie on TV while I'm taking a bath. Can I run (say) a HDMI cable from the TV to the iPad and watch live TV on the iPad?

Thanks bunches! Jules

Old 01-22-2013, 02:37 PM

11,818 posts, read 13,959,030 times
No.

Although some cable companies have an app that will allow you to watch SELECT channels (not all) on the iPad. I know Time Warner and Comcast do.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
No.

Although some cable companies have an app that will allow you to watch SELECT channels (not all) on the iPad. I know Time Warner and Comcast do.
Well poop! I was hoping an HDMI cable (or some other cable) would do the trick!

HUGz! Jules

Old 01-22-2013, 03:06 PM

3,545 posts, read 5,678,821 times
Quote:
No.

There are also a few other options, but they usually require some sort of hardware....

Slingbox comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or