U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 08:43 AM

40,553 posts, read 24,884,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
It's still not the same having something hanging off the thing as opposed to internal memory that is always available without having to attach anything.
I agree, the "something hanging off the thing" isn't aesthetically pleasing, but it adds memory and function, and the USB cable gives the user more flexibility in how to add that memory and function.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 08:59 AM

11,818 posts, read 13,961,605 times
or you could just get a tablet that has a card slot. The USB cable hanging off the thing... you going to walk around like that? You going to sit on a park bench and listen to music with something hanging off of it? Not to even mention the possibility of damaging the port as the dog runs by and rips the cable out of it. lol
No way can you convince me that it is better or even comparable as having always available storage inside...

I will not buy a phone or a tablet unless it has a card slot. I prefer to speak with my dollars. If more people were like me, these companies would realize that WE WANT CARD SLOTS. And would stop this nonsense of trying to get us to put our entire digital lives in "the cloud".

Old 03-20-2013, 06:11 PM

1,243 posts, read 954,572 times
With regard to card slots - absolutely. I have the Asus TF300T with 16GB internal and a 16GB microSD card. That 32 gigs is all I'll need - at least for the next couple of years. The cost was $300+tax. Well worth it. 10inch screen that looks wonderful and I think it's suppsed to have the fastest processor on the market - or one of the fastest. I have no complaints.

I do have a question - I would love to knwo how my TF300 stacks up against the10inch Samsung.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:45 AM

Stacks up pretty well. Slight edge to the 300. Better Processor. The Galaxy has Gorilla Glass which is a bit stronger then what Asus used.
The TF300 (I have that one too) is the first tablet to get the latest update to Jelly Bean as Asus was so proud to announce. LOL
Did you get that? Really nice update.
I have the 16 + 16 SD Card + I have a 32GB card in the dock whenever I need that (where my movies live).

Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,936,750 times
Galaxy Tab 3 is supposed to be coming out soon, reportedly with a 2560 x 1600 screen, and the usual bump in specs. I have an IPAD 2 but have grown a little weary of Apple's Walled garden approach, and wouldn't mind an Android Tablet. I have a galaxy sIII and love the flexibility it provides.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:39 AM

1,243 posts, read 954,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Stacks up pretty well. Slight edge to the 300. Better Processor. The Galaxy has Gorilla Glass which is a bit stronger then what Asus used.
The TF300 (I have that one too) is the first tablet to get the latest update to Jelly Bean as Asus was so proud to announce. LOL
Did you get that? Really nice update.
I have the 16 + 16 SD Card + I have a 32GB card in the dock whenever I need that (where my movies live).
I did get it, but really haven't noticed anything different, other than something I find annoying. The recent apps button, when pushed, would bring up the apps on the left hand side of the home screen, but now goes to full screen. Is there a way I could change that, or is this a part of the update? And what else am I missing?

Do you have a screen protector, and does it change the sensitivity? I have found myslef using a stylus more often as I'm anal about finger smudges.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:10 PM

I don't have a screen protector. I hate them.
Yes, the recent apps thing was moved. Dumb. Also the hot keys were moved and the notification tray. You can set those last two things back to the way they were.

The biggest update is the addition of "Project Butter" which really made the tab even faster. Not laggy. Acquires wifi faster after wake. Much smoother overall. And the addition of multiple widgets on the lock screen.
Those are the biggest additions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or