U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-29-2013, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,720 posts, read 4,866,473 times
Reputation: 1458

Advertisements

Guessing these websites are sufficient enough to find ebooks?
Are there any others that you guys would recommend?

 
Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 PM
 
16,834 posts, read 14,430,560 times
Reputation: 20755
Despite the fact that I actually prefer an plain old kindle for reading, I find myself reading on my ipad way more. For one reason, I carry it everywhere. Before I had my ipad and just had a kindle, I wouldn't carry it around much (except camping and there it is the hands down winner) so I didn't use it as much. Then even when I got home, I stuck with the heavier ipad (annoying when reading in bed) because it was annoying to try to find my page (for some reason my kindles would sync to "furthest page read" with the ipad but not the otherway around). One unexpected pro of the tablet was that I don't need the light on to read it which the bf likes a lot.
 
Old 03-29-2013, 09:59 PM
 
16,834 posts, read 14,430,560 times
Reputation: 20755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Guessing these websites are sufficient enough to find ebooks?
Are there any others that you guys would recommend?

I use kindle formatted books almost exclusively.

Be careful when choosing an ereader because most of them have a unique format. Meaning you cannot read b&n books on a kindle and vice versa. Another plus for the ipad/tabletI guess, since they can read all formats using different apps.
 
Old 04-01-2013, 04:06 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,720 posts, read 4,866,473 times
Reputation: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I use kindle formatted books almost exclusively.

Be careful when choosing an ereader because most of them have a unique format. Meaning you cannot read b&n books on a kindle and vice versa. Another plus for the ipad/tabletI guess, since they can read all formats using different apps.
Whichever one has the the bigger eclectic selection of books, I am interested in.
 
Old 04-01-2013, 08:48 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,818 posts, read 13,959,030 times
Reputation: 8055
With a "regular" Android tablet (meaning not a Nook of Kindle) you get the best of ALL worlds.
Also true of iDevices.
You can get books from: Google, Nook Store, Kindle Store as well as your local library.

Whichever you choose I sincerely doubt you will have any problem finding something to read.
 
Old 04-04-2013, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,720 posts, read 4,866,473 times
Reputation: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
With a "regular" Android tablet (meaning not a Nook of Kindle) you get the best of ALL worlds.
Also true of iDevices.
You can get books from: Google, Nook Store, Kindle Store as well as your local library.

Whichever you choose I sincerely doubt you will have any problem finding something to read.
My universities bookstore (George Mason), has the option of letting students buy textbooks via ebook, and they're associated with B&N. The Nook is associated with B&N, correct?
 
Old 04-05-2013, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,818 posts, read 13,959,030 times
Reputation: 8055
Yes but the Nook app runs on every device.
 
Old 04-06-2013, 12:54 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,720 posts, read 4,866,473 times
Reputation: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Yes but the Nook app runs on every device.
Why did you say but ? The way you worded sounds off key. What you said sounds like a good thing. Or maybe I read it incorrectly.
 
Old 04-06-2013, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Metro Washington DC
13,317 posts, read 20,365,611 times
Reputation: 7989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Why did you say but ? The way you worded sounds off key. What you said sounds like a good thing. Or maybe I read it incorrectly.
It IS a good thing.
 
Old 04-06-2013, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,818 posts, read 13,959,030 times
Reputation: 8055
LOL Thanks for the backup dkf.
To clarify:
Your school offers Text Books in Nook format. So you could get a Nook. But B&N makes a Nook app for iPad, so you could get that. They make an app for Android: you can get that.
Nook will NOT run in Kindle, so cross that off your list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:45 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top