U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-07-2013, 07:33 AM
 
Location: the sticks
823 posts, read 1,324,312 times
Reputation: 582

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Personally I would not buy anything less then 16GB Onboard, but that is a good price from a respected manufacturer.
ok thanks. No games, only want it for reading and checking on several sites daily. We looked at the memory of this unit and with the apps and set-up, it had 5.5 out of the 8 useable gigs remaining.

 
Old 08-07-2013, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,818 posts, read 13,961,605 times
Reputation: 8055
Games and apps don't actually take up all THAT much memory.
Get the external memory card, maybe even a 32GB. (Buy these ONLINE, they are 1/3rd the cost of places like Best Buy). You can use the card to store pictures, music, videos.
Amazon.com: SanDisk 16GB Micro SDHC Memory Card with SD Adapter: Cell Phones & Accessories
$11?!?!

After some time of using it you may get to the point where you have to uninstall apps to make room. But if you're like most people there will be a lot you don't use very often. Once you downloaded to try and then never used. Be dilligent about removing apps you don't use. We can help more with that after you get it.

Also keep in mind at this price point the screen isn't going to dazzle you. It will be nice enough. It won't be BAD. Just not AS good as the higher end tabs. Viewing angles won't be as wide.
 
Old 08-07-2013, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,720 posts, read 4,866,488 times
Reputation: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Games and apps don't actually take up all THAT much memory.
Get the external memory card, maybe even a 32GB. (Buy these ONLINE, they are 1/3rd the cost of places like Best Buy). You can use the card to store pictures, music, videos.
Amazon.com: SanDisk 16GB Micro SDHC Memory Card with SD Adapter: Cell Phones & Accessories
$11?!?!

After some time of using it you may get to the point where you have to uninstall apps to make room. But if you're like most people there will be a lot you don't use very often. Once you downloaded to try and then never used. Be dilligent about removing apps you don't use. We can help more with that after you get it.

Also keep in mind at this price point the screen isn't going to dazzle you. It will be nice enough. It won't be BAD. Just not AS good as the higher end tabs. Viewing angles won't be as wide.
I am not sure how that is relevant to the topic at-hand?
 
Old 08-07-2013, 11:40 AM
 
Location: the sticks
823 posts, read 1,324,312 times
Reputation: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
I am not sure how that is relevant to the topic at-hand?
seems to me the topic is 'tablet questions from a complete noob'; whats so off-topic about this ?

ok, pere, according to the description it is 1024x600, up to 7 hour battery life, and ports microSD and microUSB, buit in wifi, even dual video cameras. I appreciate yer opinions.
 
Old 08-08-2013, 09:02 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,818 posts, read 13,961,605 times
Reputation: 8055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
I am not sure how that is relevant to the topic at-hand?
He asked about an 8GB tablet that has a Memory Card slot. How is that NOT on Topic??
 
Old 08-10-2013, 12:25 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,720 posts, read 4,866,488 times
Reputation: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
He asked about an 8GB tablet that has a Memory Card slot. How is that NOT on Topic??
Topic isn't about accessories.
 
Old 08-10-2013, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,720 posts, read 4,866,488 times
Reputation: 1458
What do you guys think of this current Groupon deal on a Nook?

Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ 16GB 9" Tablet Deal of the Day | Groupon
 
Old 08-12-2013, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,818 posts, read 13,961,605 times
Reputation: 8055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Topic isn't about accessories.
:FACEPALM:

Having an SD Card slot is a feature of the tablet. As you know, not all tablets have card slots.
 
Old 09-23-2013, 08:59 AM
 
Location: midwest
1,446 posts, read 1,057,440 times
Reputation: 897
Nvidia may be setting the new "standard" for Android tablets like Google did last year.

Nvidia Details Tegra Note Tablet Design That Runs Android

Nvidia Details Tegra Note Tablet Design That Runs Android

microSD slot with stylus and 1280 by 800 resolution.

psik
 
Old 09-23-2013, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Independence, MO
62 posts, read 74,220 times
Reputation: 21
I went with a acer google nexus 7 tablet and am loving it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:49 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top