U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 07:06 PM

1,446 posts, read 1,057,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
None are actually 7 inches. But you are right, the iPad is 4mm larger.
Where do you get your data?

Quote:
While both small tablets feature familiar rectangles, the new Nexus 7 is nice and slim. Measuring 7.9 x 4.5 x 0.34 inches, the width is easier to hold with one hand than the iPad mini’s 7.9 x 5.3 x 0.28 inches. On the other hand, Apple squeezed a larger 7.9-inch screen into a thinner chassis. The front of the Nexus 7 has a lot of wasted space above and below the screen

While Apple’s 7.9-inch tablet sports a relatively low 1024 x 768-pixel resolution, Google’s 7-inch slate packs in a lot more pixels with its 1920 x 1200 display.
Apple iPad Mini vs. Google Nexus 7: What's the Best Small Tablet?

According to that the iPad mini is 4/5ths of an inch WIDER which would be 20 mm. That would mean it would not fit into even more of my front pants pockets.

psik

Old 10-11-2013, 08:27 AM

11,818 posts, read 13,961,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikeyhackr View Post
Where do you get your data?
Uh... the Internet?
Just found a different site that corroborates you.
iPad is 200 mm x 134.7 mm
Nexus is 200 mm x 114 mm

Quote:

That would mean it would not fit into even more of my front pants pockets.
Well believe it or not the Mini does fit in a front pants pocket. Now tried on 3 different pairs of pants. And I am not a large man. But certainly the Nexus would fit better. Still... just to damn big for me to want to put it in my pocket for any length of time.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:37 PM

1,446 posts, read 1,057,440 times
Tablets Compared: Why You Shouldn’t Spend Money on Cheap Chinese Android Imports

Quote:
Many of the tablets sold in Asia, particularly China and Southeast Asia, suffer from serious design and quality-control issues. On the other hand, some China-designed tablets actually compare quite well with well-known manufacturers. For example, the popular Hyundai (not Hyundai of Korea) T7 tablet pound-per-pound, beats the first generation Nexus 7 in specifications and in price. However, do the best tablets from China compare to the latest tablet, such as the 2013 Nexus 7 in terms of value?

Depending on the manufacturer, Chinese-designed and manufactured tablets vary wildly in quality. Some manufacturers, such as Pipo and Ramos, maintain higher standards for both build quality and performance. Others, such as Ainol and off-brand manufacturers, while popular, do not possess a reputation for reliability or quality.

However, the hardware isn’t the primary failing of most Chinese tablets – it’s the firmware and software that fall short.
Tablets Compared: Why You Shouldn't Spend Money on Cheap Chinese Android Imports

psik

Old 10-19-2013, 06:47 PM

16,723 posts, read 29,314,884 times
Quote:
Tablets Compared: Why You Shouldn’t Spend Money on Cheap Chinese Android Imports

Tablets Compared: Why You Shouldn't Spend Money on Cheap Chinese Android Imports

psik
I could be wrong, but most tables sold in the US are made in China. Some are cheap, while others aren't, however.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:43 PM

3,720 posts, read 4,866,488 times
Quote:
Thanks for the URL. But that still doesn't completely answer my question.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:25 AM

11,818 posts, read 13,961,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Sorry for asking this again but I have two other questions. Hopefully these are more straightforward than my previous questions:

1. Which website sells the best comprehensive e-book list?

2. Which tablet is the most versatile in terms of what you can view and download?
NO tablet trumps any other one these two features. A Nexus or an iPad will have access to about 95% of the same books.
Just pull the trigger already. No one needs a 10 page thread to buy a tablet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets