U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 10:25 AM

4,097 posts, read 9,295,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
What you stated you wanted it for (in another post) almost every tablet can do. The Kindle is not included in that statement. I use an iPad because it does what I need better than the others. For what you need, the others may be just as good. Another poster had a good point about sharing apps with your phone. An iPad is probably your best bet. I love mine.
Thanks, I was thinking of another brand as it would be easier (and more familiar) for me - I find Apple rather difficult - I gave away and iPod as I couldn't get it to work and don't even have music on my iPhone because I am not very techie...I do have an mp3 player which is SO easy to use....Also there sin't an Apple store within my area - it's about 2 hours away so I'd have to trek down there to learn more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 10:57 AM

3,035 posts, read 3,376,535 times
The problem with non apple tablets is that the apps are not optimised for tablet use, they are usually just blown up phone apps. Android has a lot of catching up to do frankly.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:35 PM

13,317 posts, read 20,365,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Thanks, I was thinking of another brand as it would be easier (and more familiar) for me - I find Apple rather difficult - I gave away and iPod as I couldn't get it to work and don't even have music on my iPhone because I am not very techie...I do have an mp3 player which is SO easy to use....Also there sin't an Apple store within my area - it's about 2 hours away so I'd have to trek down there to learn more.
You said that you have an iPhone. The iPad works a lot like that. However, if you struggled with an iPod Touch, you're going to struggle with an iPad, which is a big iPod Touch. I don't know if another brand will be easier or not.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:31 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,056,225 times
Quote:
Also there sin't an Apple store within my area - it's about 2 hours away so I'd have to trek down there to learn more.
The free classes at the Apple Store are exceptional, in my opinion. I'm a power user and have never owned a non-Apple computer, and I still get a lot of attending those classes.

The iPhone/iPad interface is about as easy as it gets. I think if you went to one of those classes you would be amazed with what you can do with your device.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:13 PM

14,523 posts, read 7,676,409 times
Quote:
Not necessarily so! If you get an iPad + Apple Care for it, they are very accessible on-line and, in my experience, very patient with someone who is far away from an Apple store. Again, in my experience, Apple has been very patient and accommodating with me as I let them know right away that the store is on the other side of the mountain and 1+ hours away.

You get what you pay for! Yes, the Apple product costs more, but the customer service is some of the best in the world, and makes the Apple Care worth its weight in gold. This is my experience as a non-techie person.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 AM

11,818 posts, read 13,959,030 times
Kindle Fire HD. Easier to learn then an IPhone and you already are in the Amazon world with your Kindle.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:47 PM

10 posts, read 4,954 times
The Nook Tablet is only Wi-Fi adept with no 3G support (you do get free Wi-Fi when you visit a Barnes & Noble with your Nook Tablet). The Nook Tablet does have the advantage of free in-store support.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:59 AM

3,339 posts, read 4,607,019 times
I have been only apple from the start but am frustrated with the iPad because a lot of websites don't work properly with the absence of flash. At least that's my understanding. Has anyone else noticed that?

Old 05-21-2013, 07:53 AM

13,317 posts, read 20,365,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
I have been only apple from the start but am frustrated with the iPad because a lot of websites don't work properly with the absence of flash. At least that's my understanding. Has anyone else noticed that?
There are some that don't work, but I don't miss them. Flash sucks!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 AM

3,545 posts, read 5,678,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
Flash for Android as all but dead too. Adobe is no longer developing the app, and it's not available in the Play Store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or