Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 08:33 PM

6 posts, read 12,796 times

Advertisements

From a pratical point of view, Samsung is more open with its software and hardware. Apple is just overpriced.....Can you find 3 reasons why to choose Apple?

2) Why do apple fanboys try to put down Samsung products by claiming they have worse graphics? (Aren't the graphics on the Samsung products good enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 09:08 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selftaught23 View Post
From a pratical point of view, Samsung is more open with its software and hardware. Apple is just overpriced.....Can you find 3 reasons why to choose Apple?

2) Why do apple fanboys try to put down Samsung products by claiming they have worse graphics? (Aren't the graphics on the Samsung products good enough?

Reason 1: The syncing is seamless between apple devices. I have a mbpro, apple tv, iphones, and iPads. My brother who runs windows and has a galaxy note was awed by the simplicity of something as simple as calendar on one device changes all the rest. He uses google calendar (which I use as well for somethings) but he has problems with these weird open loops forming where he enters an event on the phone, edits it anywhere else and it duplicates the event every time he looks at it.

Reason 2: I am a teacher/researcher and use both my iphones and ipads in class. People just get how to use them. If I pass my ipad to a student they intuitively know how to use it. When out in the field and my brother passed his phone to one of the RAs and she tried to make a note on a photo he had taken it took 5 minutes of showing her how to use it. Maybe other tablets don't have this issue?

Reason 3: When my daughters ipads top button stopped working randomly we went to the apple store and the little hipster sat at a comp for 20 minutes and moved all her stuff to a new ipad and gave it to her no questions asked (well thats not true he asked if it had water damage). For all I know that would happen with the samsung people as well but I wouldn't even know where to find them. Apple won customer loyalty with the macs, and I have been very happy with their customer service for all their stuff. I have heard people who did not have that experience.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Reason 1: The syncing is seamless between apple devices. I have a mbpro, apple tv, iphones, and iPads. My brother who runs windows and has a galaxy note was awed by the simplicity of something as simple as calendar on one device changes all the rest. He uses google calendar (which I use as well for somethings) but he has problems with these weird open loops forming where he enters an event on the phone, edits it anywhere else and it duplicates the event every time he looks at it.

Reason 2: I am a teacher/researcher and use both my iphones and ipads in class. People just get how to use them. If I pass my ipad to a student they intuitively know how to use it. When out in the field and my brother passed his phone to one of the RAs and she tried to make a note on a photo he had taken it took 5 minutes of showing her how to use it. Maybe other tablets don't have this issue?

Reason 3: When my daughters ipads top button stopped working randomly we went to the apple store and the little hipster sat at a comp for 20 minutes and moved all her stuff to a new ipad and gave it to her no questions asked (well thats not true he asked if it had water damage). For all I know that would happen with the samsung people as well but I wouldn't even know where to find them. Apple won customer loyalty with the macs, and I have been very happy with their customer service for all their stuff. I have heard people who did not have that experience.

so mostly user friendliness......but the problem I have is why would I buy a product which is so overpriced when i get can different varieties from companies that have their unique features? I admit apple looks amazing....but I would only accept an apple product as a gift......not buy myself

Old 03-30-2013, 06:12 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,825,278 times
The eternal question: "Are Apples better than Oranges"????

Face it, each have pros and cons. It depends on what you want and need for which will be the Best Choice.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:28 AM

43,275 posts, read 77,083,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post

Face it, each have pros and cons. It depends on what you want and need for which will be the Best Choice.
More Eternal Questions:

Why the worry about what other people use?

If one has something that works for them and makes them happy, why are they not satisfied just to be happy with their choices? Isn't that enough?
Why do they need others to duplicate their choices to make them happy?

Disclaimers:
Motorola XOOM and Samsung Galaxy S3 here. Happy enough. Don't care what anyone else does, just hope they are happy with their choices.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:41 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,804,859 times
I only need one reason. The iPad/iphone combo does what I need. I've been waiting to see an Android tablet that can do it the same, but not yet. I'm sure when it does come then I will look at one. However, I will not, under any circumstances, buy any phone made by Samsung until they can honor their warranties. I'm still upset that they would not on a phone we had before. I don't have that issue with Apple.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post

no........for businesses....The Galaxy s2 is better

Old 03-30-2013, 03:56 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,192,216 times
Quote:

After you answer on why you posted this in the Tablets forum instead of where it belongs, in the Technology or Troll forum......

People vote on a product with their wallets, 'nuff said....

Old 03-30-2013, 08:44 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times
Quote:
so mostly user friendliness......but the problem I have is why would I buy a product which is so overpriced when i get can different varieties from companies that have their unique features? I admit apple looks amazing....but I would only accept an apple product as a gift......not buy myself
To be fair I didn't buy my first mac (and it came fully loaded with ALL the software), my school gave me my old macbook pro. I actually refused to use the thing and kept using my sony laptop. Well my moms sony died so I lent her mine and started using the mac. Once I got used to it I never use the windows machine at all, even now its still sitting under my desk.

I got the iPhone 3 because, it was cool and it is the only smartphone I have owned. I did play with my brothers note when we went on vacation and it had some cool feature but nothing made me go "I must switch". So maybe its just a comfort issue.

As for cost, I think I have been very lucky with my apple products. I still have my old 2006 macbook that I bought for the house, and it runs perfectly. And I was able to put a bigger hard drive in it myself after the "genius" told me it was too "vintage" to work in the store but whispered it was really easy to do myself. So in 7 years the only cost to the machine was a 100 bux for a new hard drive and snow leopard was pretty cheap to upgrade to. My brother has been through 3 windows machines in that time. So I guess what I am trying to say is over the life time of a mac compared to a "cheap" windows machine, the price evens out enough to make "user friendly" worth the cost.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:44 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,804,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
To be fair I didn't buy my first mac (and it came fully loaded with ALL the software), my school gave me my old macbook pro. I actually refused to use the thing and kept using my sony laptop. Well my moms sony died so I lent her mine and started using the mac. Once I got used to it I never use the windows machine at all, even now its still sitting under my desk.

I got the iPhone 3 because, it was cool and it is the only smartphone I have owned. I did play with my brothers note when we went on vacation and it had some cool feature but nothing made me go "I must switch". So maybe its just a comfort issue.

As for cost, I think I have been very lucky with my apple products. I still have my old 2006 macbook that I bought for the house, and it runs perfectly. And I was able to put a bigger hard drive in it myself after the "genius" told me it was too "vintage" to work in the store but whispered it was really easy to do myself. So in 7 years the only cost to the machine was a 100 bux for a new hard drive and snow leopard was pretty cheap to upgrade to. My brother has been through 3 windows machines in that time. So I guess what I am trying to say is over the life time of a mac compared to a "cheap" windows machine, the price evens out enough to make "user friendly" worth the cost.
My Mac will have to out live my "cheap" PCs before I will accept that. My "cheap" Dell is 7 years old, as is another "cheap" one I've used for almost 7 years. Another one we have is 5 years old and still going strong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets