U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 11:56 AM

28,611 posts, read 40,593,270 times

Advertisements

I have been posting about this in the About Forum and it was suggested I place it in the Tablet Forum so here is a link to that thread and my last post there. While I'm doubtful a resolution is available short of doing some tweaks to the site programming I also have to keep in mind that there are some very smart people here and maybe one of you knows what the heck is going on.

The thread link

My last post in that thread:

I don't think it's a problem with the tablet.

I say this because if I go to the main City Data page it's huge. If I click on Desktop Version everything looks perfect. It fills the screen from side to side at an expected resolution.

If I click on Mobile Version everything is huge again. Clicking on Desktop brings back a nice screen.

If I click on the forum link while in desktop mode the display comes up extremely small. On my 10" tablet it's about 2 1/4" down the left side in both portrait and landscape mode. Note: This is inconsistent. Sometimes it's like this and sometimes it's huge.

If I click on the forum link on the main page while in mobile mode the screen remains in this huge format and the only thing gestures can do is make it bigger. It won't display smaller. This is what I get whether I'm logged in or not.

All of these tests are done with me clearing cache and cookies between them for a balanced evaluation.

All this screams programming problems. This from someone who has been in the computer business for over 25 years and been a programmer for a good part of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 08:42 AM

11,818 posts, read 13,959,030 times
I've had wierd resolution issues with this on my tablet, too. And my phone.
One post will be normal size but one of the replies to it will be super small. The next huge.

C-D needs to consider getting with Tapatalk.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:55 AM

I was told in the about forum that since I was the only person with the problem the programmers would be too busy to look into it so I guess it's just too bad for us.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:57 AM

3,545 posts, read 5,678,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I've had wierd resolution issues with this on my tablet, too. And my phone.
One post will be normal size but one of the replies to it will be super small. The next huge.

C-D needs to consider getting with Tapatalk.
I use C-D from Tapatalk on my phone quite a bit.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:14 PM

11,818 posts, read 13,959,030 times
Hmm. Just tried it on my p[hone and it looked really good. Shockingly good. Couldn't get it to do what I posted above. I will try it on my tablet.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:06 PM

Mine worked great on my tablet until about a week ago then all this weirdness started. Earlier today it showed the header down to about the post a reply button normally and everything else was huge.

Totally screwed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets