U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 01:25 PM

11,818 posts, read 13,959,030 times

Advertisements

You must take reviews with a bit of a grain of salt.
Look at the overall numbers: 9,847 "5 Star" review.
4,143 4 stars.
The rest are a paltry sum of the total.
Look at the 5 reviews that are presented... 6/8/2013, 4/4/2012...
Only one is from 2014. And that sounds like User Error to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 03:13 PM

199 posts, read 225,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Yep, my daughter told me how those FB games are so disappointing because she doesn't even have that many friends who are game players, or they will only play a few times,so it is a let-down when you like a game,but cannot play.

No such hassles with the games I play,because I will not even DL a game where you need a social membership or have to pay cash for items to advance.
I had the stand alone version, not the FB version. As far as games requiring FB as a requirement, I won't install those. I avoid FB like my kids used to avoid chores, hide and prey you aren't found. LOL

Old 08-13-2014, 07:27 AM

8,469 posts, read 4,499,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeekUniverse View Post
I had the stand alone version, not the FB version. As far as games requiring FB as a requirement, I won't install those. I avoid FB like my kids used to avoid chores, hide and prey you aren't found. LOL

Same with me,not in the least interested in FB.

Have you tried Word Hero or Stray Soulsollhouse Story yet?

Old 02-25-2015, 10:40 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,475 posts, read 13,992,713 times
http://www.badlandgame.com/
It's free and its addictive. Also won game of the year.
Lunar racer
Smash Hit
Super MMAC - this game is weird, but strangely, fun.
It's not a game, but Google Sky Maps is a neat app. Shows you all the stars and constellations, in real time.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:04 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,110,962 times
If you like word games Drop words is good. Not a social media game.

There is a great crossword app called Shortyz. Every day you get 4 or 5 crosswords from Washington Post, NY Times, LA Times, Newsday, etc. Weekly from People mag. Etc. So all different levels of difficulty of Xwords

Old 02-27-2015, 07:04 AM

2,939 posts, read 2,463,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
http://www.badlandgame.com/
It's free and its addictive. Also won game of the year.
Lunar racer
Smash Hit
Super MMAC - this game is weird, but strangely, fun.
It's not a game, but Google Sky Maps is a neat app. Shows you all the stars and constellations, in real time.
I love Smash Hit! Though it can get pretty hard & 'throw your tablet frustrating' on normal/classic mode around level 7-8. Maybe my coordination & reflexes just stink.

I like Super Monsters Ate My Condo too. The game cracks me up!

Badland is $4 for Windows or Apple devices. Wish it was free like it is for Android devices.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:07 PM

199 posts, read 225,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I love Smash Hit! Though it can get pretty hard & 'throw your tablet frustrating' on normal/classic mode around level 7-8. Maybe my coordination & reflexes just stink.

I like Super Monsters Ate My Condo too. The game cracks me up!

Badland is $4 for Windows or Apple devices. Wish it was free like it is for Android devices.
That's a good one, 'throw your tablet frustrating'! Almost everyone has felt that way at one point or another so most people can relate.

I'm definitely going to remember 'throw your tablet frustrating'! I myself have felt that way but never really thought of it in those words.

That would be a good name for a website that lists and discusses frustrating game apps that just always seem to give you that feeling.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:35 AM

8,469 posts, read 4,499,064 times
My favorite single player games so far,that I have the full versions for,besides Word Hero, and Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story,and The Island Castaway 1 and 2 .... are~

Eternal Journey

Lake House

Grim Legends-The Forsaken Bride

Forest Legends-The Call of Love

They are all great on my 7" Kindle Fire HDX.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:09 PM

32,768 posts, read 33,730,068 times
The only game app I use is Words With Friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets