U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 11:41 PM

16,723 posts, read 29,314,884 times

Advertisements

In my view, much better.

How about a lighter gray background? The dark gray still blocks the icons, so a light gray should help them stand out.

Also, white or almost white background inside the icons (just like the icon to "align left").
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 11:58 PM

1,305 posts, read 1,343,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
In my view, much better.

How about a lighter gray background? The dark gray still blocks the icons, so a light gray should help them stand out.

Also, white or almost white background inside the icons (just like the icon to "align left").
The light background in align left is there to indicate it is currently set to align left. If the user press align right then that button would show like that.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:44 AM

11,818 posts, read 13,961,605 times
Agree. Looks much better. Also agree the grey is too dark, but looks way better then any color.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Agree. Looks much better. Also agree the grey is too dark, but looks way better then any color.
I just sent out another update. Added several key features in addition to improving the UI and spell checker.

Hope you guys approve of the UI now.

Attached Thumbnails
You think this is a good UI for touch oriented?-1a.png   You think this is a good UI for touch oriented?-2b.png   You think this is a good UI for touch oriented?-3a.png   You think this is a good UI for touch oriented?-4a.png   You think this is a good UI for touch oriented?-5a.png  

Old 07-05-2014, 09:37 PM

I just updated my app to allow the user to open multiple documents in tabs at the same time. Super easy to switch back and forth between opened documents.

At first, I put the tabs on top. But when I tested it on my 8" tablet, I felt really claustrophobic. So, I sent the tab bar to the bottom. It felt a lot better to me. What do you guys think? Where do you think the tabs should belong?

Attached Thumbnails
You think this is a good UI for touch oriented?-6.png  

Old 07-11-2014, 02:13 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,934,680 times
great work. like the gray. tabs on bottom are good.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:41 AM

11,818 posts, read 13,961,605 times
Agree.
So do we get a free copy to test for helping you?

Old 07-14-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Agree.
So do we get a free copy to test for helping you?
Thank you for the encouragement.

Since the last time I posted, I've significantly updated the app. The user now can view and edit 2 documents at the same time side by side. Also changed some colorings because some customers wanted it. Added support for 121 languages. Tabs at the bottom are movable so user can rearrange. Simply press, hold, and drag. I dare say it is now one of a kind in the app store. Also my hottest app at the moment.

By the way, the middle bar is movable as well. The 2 sides will auto adjust in size in real time. This is all in one view of the app. This is not multiple view with windows. I used mult views before and all it did was confused the hell out of people.
Attached Thumbnails
You think this is a good UI for touch oriented?-8.png   You think this is a good UI for touch oriented?-9.png  

Last edited by rosie_hair; 07-14-2014 at 01:11 PM..

Old 08-20-2014, 02:13 PM

So, a little update.

Since the last time I posted here, I've updated the app about a dozen times. The users kept requesting conflicting colors and themes. Some wanted taps with gradient colors while others just want solid colored rectangles. So, in an attempt to please everyone, I added themes and color schemes. it's gone a long way from the first version. It's now got text to speech and speech to text among other things. Coolest thing I added is a hand draw feature where the user can draw with finger or stylus directly into the word document. Good for professionals to sign documents and students to draw what they see on the board while taking notes. The app can also take in a doc or docx and export to various formats like html. Can use this to edit websites.

Must admit that I'm quickly running out of ideas on what to do next for this app. Could use suggestions on what to do from here, visual as well as features.

Anyway, here is what it currently looks like. I take screenshots in various color schemes and themes to demo how the user can change the look and feel around. Note that there is an option to make everything gray the way you wanted at beginning.
Attached Thumbnails
You think this is a good UI for touch oriented?-2a.png   You think this is a good UI for touch oriented?-7a.png   You think this is a good UI for touch oriented?-8a.png   You think this is a good UI for touch oriented?-5a.png  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or