U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 06:27 AM

26,427 posts, read 39,936,463 times

Advertisements

I never even checked into the computer/tablets threads which means I'm really frustrated and I'm about to throw away my IPad that I really loved ad now start to love to hate!

How can a company that was making such a nice and easy useable product go so downhill.

Most people who were as stupid as me to get the software update hate it and some don't even want to buy a new iPhone unless it has the old software on it.

The annoying pop up was the first annoying thing that happened a few updates ago and I couldn't get rid of it.

The last update seems to be a little bit better but since these updates my iPad will freeze up and some websites hardly work.

I'm very sad that the tablet I really loved to use is now mostly laying on a desk and not something I want to use a lot to avoid getting annoyed after a long day and what I used to do was enjoying using the iPad to check some websites that were relaxing for me and not about work so much.

That time is over and I'm considering to buy a new iPad but not an apple product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 08:51 AM

11,818 posts, read 13,961,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Most people who were as stupid as me to get the software update hate it and some don't even want to buy a new iPhone unless it has the old software on it.
You mean a few. Hardly MOST.

Quote:
The annoying pop up was the first annoying thing that happened a few updates ago and I couldn't get rid of it.
There is always a way to get rid of it. Apple never forces you to update. Never. Not once.
Unlike some Android devices which give you 3 notices before forcing the upgrade on you. (A practice many have since stopped thankfully... looks at Motorola...)

Quote:
The last update seems to be a little bit better but since these updates my iPad will freeze up and some websites hardly work.
Backup your iPad with iTunes on your PC.
Do a factory reset.
Does it run better? If so, there is probably an app on your tab that doesn't like iOS8. If it doesn't run better...
well...
restore it from iTUnes (nothing lost) if you want or go buy a Galaxy.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:33 PM

Every where i look online, except for your post ^ is stating that you can't go back to the previous well working version.

I don't think it is a few people but a lot of people since there are so many statements online about the issues. Just in my family alone out of 5, 3 have done the update and all 3 have issues and that I cludes myself.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:17 AM

13,317 posts, read 20,368,637 times
It's too late to go back, but it's not too late to do a restore n your iPad. I had an iPad2 that was slow as molasses with iOs 8. I did the restore and it no runs almost as good as the prior version.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Every where i look online, except for your post ^ is stating that you can't go back to the previous well working version.
I didn't say you could go back.
I think you misread what I wrote.
"There is always a way to get rid of it"
I assume you thought I meant iOS8. No, I meant the nag screen that asks you to update

But you are right about iOS8 not running well on iPad2. Apple wants you to upgrade....

A slide into obsolescence: iOS 8 on the iPad 2 | Ars Technica

Old 11-02-2014, 08:01 PM

25,158 posts, read 18,661,858 times
The iPad 2 is going in four years old. Mobile moves faster than traditional PCs. I dont know why you'd think the technically archaic iPad 2 would be optimal for iOS 8.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:06 PM

That's kind of Bentlebee's point point Emigrations: why did Apple think releasing iOS8 for that "archaic" (?!?!?!) iPad2 was a GOOD idea.

It's not like they said not to do it and people did anyway....

Old 11-04-2014, 05:55 AM

I have a new high tech laptop for work and for "fun or relaxing" times I use the old IPAD I have and was great to watch tv and surf around the net and use it for writing on this forum but now a lot of websites will make my screen freeze and it is becoming annoying.

If Apple thought that may cause me to buy a new one than they are wrong since I will buy a different brand.

Aside from that I haven't heard the CEO talk how to resolve the issues only that he is happy to come out of the closet and frankly I couldn't care about his sexual preferences since for me it is a business item and not about the CEo and his sexual happiness.

I'm glad he is happy but I'm no longer happy with my Apple product and the two are not related but I wish the CEO would address the issues that now many people seem to have and is the talk of many agents and friends and family who almost all either are happy not having download the update or are avoiding Apple products.

How much fun will that be for the CEO but I'm happy he is happy in his private life as I wish everyone to be happy.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:10 PM

13,317 posts, read 20,368,637 times
iOS 8.1.1 has fixed almost all of the issues we had with iOS 8 on our iPad 2.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:30 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,019,325 times
All I'm getting out of my iPad is a smoke trail... it's so blazing fast.

Air 2 128GB. Nice product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets