U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 11:18 AM

576 posts, read 863,840 times

Advertisements

Didn't know if this should go in the parent forum or here, but will give it a shot here for some answers, hopefully.

I don't know what is the best option.

Going to be taking a toddler on a car trip. Would like to occupy some of her time with letting her watch movies, shows, etc.

Kindle Fire, Ipad, portable DVD player?

And the next question, .. does the technology exist to screen lock, so the toddler can't turn the movie off?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 11:26 AM

11,818 posts, read 13,959,030 times
Kindle Fire, iPad or DVD Player will all do what you want. I would say tablets are a bit better then a DVD Player.

And no, if the toddler hits the pause or stop button on the DVD player it will pause or stop.
Hit's the Home button on the iPad it will go HOME.
Likewise with the Kindle.

I don't see why that's a big deal. Child turns it off, turn it on again.

Might want to look into one of these.
http://www.amazon.com/iPADKET-DURABL.../dp/B004FDF0YO

Old 04-22-2015, 12:52 PM

We have access to a tablet (I think it's a Samsung), can we download movies to that device, for watching later on the road (won't have net access while traveling).

And are there wireless headphones for toddlers that would work with a Samsung Tablet?

Old 04-22-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnyl View Post
We have access to a tablet (I think it's a Samsung), can we download movies to that device, for watching later on the road (won't have net access while traveling).
Yes, you can rent or buy them from the Google Play Store.
You can convert your own DVD's but renting one for a couple bucks is really the simple easy way.

Quote:
And are there wireless headphones for toddlers that would work with a Samsung Tablet?
Of course.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_7cl425bwil_b

Old 04-22-2015, 06:14 PM

Thank you Peregrine for coming and answering so quickly.

As you can tell, this tech stuff is lost on me. I'm g'ma and taking little one on a car trip and even the parents don't know that much about techie stuff.

Just wondering, I've googled it, but thus far haven't found an answer. If I "rent" movies .. do I have to have an internet connection to them watch them. Or can I queue them up, and watch offline, while we're traveling. And how long does one have to watch them, before they no longer sit in the queue?

Old 04-23-2015, 08:58 AM

You're welcome.

When you rent them you will have the option to download them to watch offline.
You then have 30 days to start the movie. When you start the movie, you have a full 48 hours to watch it as many times as you want. And yes, if you start watching it at 47 1/2 hours it will let you finish it. lol
After that 48 hours it will become unavailable.

This is for the Google Play Store. iTunes is very similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or