Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2015, 11:44 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,537,436 times

Advertisements

When I tried to install the updated Chrome browser on my Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet I received a message stating that there is insufficient storage space.

Instructions from the Chrome website stated that my first step would be to access the Chrome browser, but I have no idea on how to do that.

Since I can't listen to radio stations on this device be it via the station's website or an app such as TuneIn or IHeartRadio, is that also a storage issue or cookies/cache clearing issue?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 09:10 AM

16,455 posts, read 19,480,024 times
A) Clearing the cache and/cookies or history are not going to free up nearly enough space.

But to do so:
How to clear cookies, cache, and history in Chrome for Android

B) The #1 cause of space issues is media: movies, music, photos.
Go to SETTINGS > STORAGE
That will give you a good idea of what's eating your storage. Report back if you need help beyond that.

Old 08-10-2015, 03:19 PM

10,924 posts, read 21,878,838 times
Above answer is spot on. Looking at the specs you only have less than 8GB of storage. That tabled supports up to a 32GB microSD card, install one and see if you can move some apps/media over to it to free up space.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:29 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,537,436 times
Since I didn't n't have any movies or videos stored on my device since I have no clue dea how to do either one, does viewing a video or listening to a new song ONCE mean that that space will have those items on my tablet forever?

Sounds like a dumb question, but shouldn't deleting something that I watched on this tablet a week ago be as easy as deleting a TV show from my DirecTV DVR?

Old 08-16-2015, 09:42 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,509,120 times
Like many tablets and cellphones your Ellipsis 7 has 1GB of memory dedicated to application storage. When this storage area gets too full you cannot install any more applications. Deleting cookies and cleaning cache and junk files likely will not help this problem and it doesnt matter that you have the rest of the storage empty of media files. I had the same issue on Droid phones and my 3 year old Kindle Fire, googling "verizon ellipsis 7 app space full" reveals many posts about this same problem with your tablet.

However, there may be good news, according to this posting

Verizon's Ellipsis 7 Getting Pretty Big OTA Update, Brings Improved Data Connectivity, Better Battery Life, And More

there should be a software update which will allow moving apps out of the application storage partition.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:29 AM

31 posts, read 29,478 times
Maybe you can try moving some off your applications to your external sd/mmc? And then when you have some space, you can install something like Cleanmaster to help you free space and move apps next time.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:57 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,796,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Since I didn't n't have any movies or videos stored on my device since I have no clue dea how to do either one, does viewing a video or listening to a new song ONCE mean that that space will have those items on my tablet forever?

Sounds like a dumb question, but shouldn't deleting something that I watched on this tablet a week ago be as easy as deleting a TV show from my DirecTV DVR?
Yes, it is as easy as that, but you must actually do the erasing or the files stay there, taking up space.

You need to know the difference between "downloading" and "streaming".
Downloading means you download the complete file. It takes up room on your device, where-ever it was downloaded, or then where ever you moved the file(s), (on the device or perhaps on the extra memory chip you have slotted in your device).
It's there for you to hear or view, using a app to play the file. When you're done, you have to know to delete it, or it keeps on taking up space.

On the other hand, 'streaming', is when the information is downloaded one part at a time, for you to view (or hear), as it's downloaded. Each new piece supplements the previous, so space isn't a concern, but afterwards you don't have a copy to watch again later. You'd have to stream it yet again. Takes almost no space, but must have a good and active Internet connection and may be charged against your data download limits unless you're using your home WiFi.

Think of it as being mailed an entire encyclopedia. You then need the shelf space to store it, but it's there for you to read, any part, any time. This is downloading and storage.

Streaming is like being mailed the encyclopedia one paragraph at a time. Only the pages you need, as you need them. BUT you must be standing at the mail box to read it as you drop the last page when you get the next one.

Recommendation:
As mentioned earlier, look at the SETTINGS > STORAGE
Or get a device management app like CCcleaner
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iform.ccleaner

I also like a utility called Advanced Directory Statistics (ADirStat) that visually displays size of directories and sub-directories. It shows very quickly, bloated storage areas, even if buried deep i the directory structure.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ADirStat&pli=1

Old 02-22-2018, 11:26 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,396,715 times
I second the cCleaner idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets