Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2016, 12:30 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,271,700 times

Advertisements

Currently my eReader is a Kindle Keyboard. Its in excellent condition. Problem is my eyes Last year about this time I added a M-Edge Case & Light to it. But now that's not good enough.
I purchased a PW2 6 months ago but on the 4th month it developed Bright White spots. I returned it to Amazon for Refund. I really no interested in Amazon eReaders nor Nooks!

I remove DRM from my ebooks, I save them in 3 Formats Mobi & AZW3 Plus epub. It would be a pain but I could change the ebooks to any format offered by Calibre.

THANKS in advance for suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 08:21 AM

16,541 posts, read 19,668,514 times
You don't want a Kindle, yet your current eReader is a Kindle? ANd you don't want a Nook. So you don't want either one of the industry leaders Ereaders?

https://us.kobobooks.com/products/kobo-glo-hd
Is about your only other option.

Get another Kindle PaperWhite.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:52 PM

Just because the Sell the Most Don't mean they are the Best! Nooks are CRAP! Had 2 in 10 days both Junk right out of the box! Dealing with B&N is a Joke! Amazon use to be good. But they Gone soo down hill in the past couple of years I sick of messing with them. So Yes I looking into Other ereaders. Maybe they wont be the most popular but guessing they are Better at Working as advertised Without the hype!

WHY would I want Another PW JUNK!

Old 01-26-2016, 07:43 AM

PW isn't junk just because you got ONE bad one. Amazon sells the most because they simply ARE the best. I'm sorry you had ONE bad experience with them, but other competitors have come and gone (see Sony) and they just get beaten because the market has spoken. You don't sell the most, you don't become the industry leader...selling garbage.

B&N is a joke? Really? Did they refuse to help you? I doubt that. 1,000's of people are using their Nooks every day. I think it's absolutely crazy that every reader you get seems broken...what are the odds?!?!? But the Nook is a damn fine Ereader.
As is the PW. Did you have a problem returning your 10 day old PaperWhite? Of course you didn't.

Good luck with no name brand Kobe. Although they have been around awhile.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:32 AM

Actually Sony Does Sell ereader still Just cant afford their price... had 2 of the little ones they were Great!
B&N Never Helped! Spent HOURS TRYING to get thru to CS the Hours on hold! Never Got the Problems Resolved & then they REFUSED to Take the Cr Card OFF their System! I got 2 of Amazons latest & Greatest 1st the ebooks kept Vanishing off the reader The 2nd White spots at 4 months.
I just feels its time to fined some thing the Makers Care about enough to make sure its up to par. I never SAID I was Going with Kobo either. Tho when I had my Litterti Kobo CS was Great. Even last nite I got Great CS when I talked to them about re-opening my account. & about some of their readers... That BTW YOU Linked me to... Seems to me Your the one Not Happy!

Old 01-27-2016, 01:07 PM

No, I'm pretty happy.
Just making the point that Amazon makes god Ereaders.
I'm sure the Kobe will serve you well.
Good luck!

Old 08-11-2016, 01:05 AM

574 posts, read 382,183 times
I am quite fond of my Kindle paperwhite. Has a backlight keyboard, e-ink display. Think I purchased mine for around $130. Holds a lot of books. Just wifi, nothing else. Only 1 physical button on it. Kind of a touchscreen, for the lack of a better term. People ask me why I have a kindle, in addition to my iPad. Easier on my eyes for longer period of time.

Stephen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets