Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 03:48 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times

Advertisements

I've searched online for months, to try to figure out how to see my photos, but no luck. i definitely have an iCloud account, because I pay .99 every month for additional storage. I can't see my photos in my Photo Stream (well, not all of them) because my iPad's storage is full. I've read online that all I have to do is log into iCloud.com with my Apple ID, but when I go to that site, there is no option for me to sign in (the only choices are "Set up iCloud on this device," "Open find my iPhone," and "Open find my friends." Regarding that first option, I assume I already have iCloud on my device, but I tried clicking on that and going through the steps anyway, but it didn't work.

I have grown to despise Apple products, and I am transitioning to all Android products. But I have 13 years worth of photos being held hostage in the cloud, and I would really like to at least SEE them, and preferably transfer them to my Samsung tablet (which is a separate issue which I will try to figure out later).

Did I mention that I hate Apple?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 11:29 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Do it from a computer, not a phone or tablet.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Do it from a computer, not a phone or tablet.
Really? Who even has full size computers anymore? Not me.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:10 PM

A lot of people. I use a tablet and a computer every day.

Here's another option: go to iCloud.com from your mobile Safari browser. Then click the share icon (rectangle with up arrow in upper right corner) and select request desktop site.

You should then see your iCloud log in screen. I wouldn't count on all the photos being there though, since your local storage is full and you haven't been plugging the device into iTunes to back it up occasionally.

Last edited by Debsi; 09-07-2017 at 07:46 PM..

Old 09-09-2017, 12:34 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Kayanne,

iOS 11 is due to come out this this month, maybe as early as Tuesday. One of the new features is a file manager app. I recall seeing a screenshot and iCloud.com was listed in the left column along with other possible sources of files such as Dropbox.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:48 AM

16,541 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Really? Who even has full size computers anymore? Not me.
Really?

"According to Gartner, overall worldwide PC shipments totaled 62.2 million units, a 2.4 decline compared to the first quarter of 2016."

That's in ONE quarter.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Really?

"According to Gartner, overall worldwide PC shipments totaled 62.2 million units, a 2.4 decline compared to the first quarter of 2016."

That's in ONE quarter.
I wonder if a lot of those are for businesses? I know very few people who still use a full-size computer at home. I thought they had kinda gone the way of the phone land line and VCR. But back on topic, I don't have one so I can't go to iCloud on one.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:19 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
You do it on someone else's computer then. Many people do still use computers at home e

Old 09-15-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I wonder if a lot of those are for businesses? I know very few people who still use a full-size computer at home. I thought they had kinda gone the way of the phone land line and VCR. But back on topic, I don't have one so I can't go to iCloud on one.
I found an article from 2016 that said 20% of millenials don't have a full-size computer as they go mobile-only. That still leaves an awful lot of people of all ages using computers for a variety of reasons.

Did you try the solution I posted to go to iCloud on your phone?

Old 09-16-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I found an article from 2016 that said 20% of millenials don't have a full-size computer as they go mobile-only. That still leaves an awful lot of people of all ages using computers for a variety of reasons.

Did you try the solution I posted to go to iCloud on your phone?
No, I tried it on my iPad, which is what I thought you meant. It uses Safari as its browser. But there was no share icon nor option to request desktop site.

And ok, I was apparently wrong about most people not having full-sized computers. The only relevant fact is *I* don't have one. I have just moved to a new state where I don't know anyone, so I have no one to ask to borrow their computer.

I will simply go to an Apple store and see if someone there can help me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets