Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 07:55 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,728,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimewitue View Post
Stay in tallahasee or LEON county there is nothing in Havana........it cheaper for a reason

If you like the woods and wanna stay around a bunch of trailers then go for it
That is the point, I want to be where there is not much, but a short drive from a good town like Tallahassee. The best of both I would call it. A quite lifestyle, yet 15 or 20 minutes from almost anything you would want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 09:00 PM

72 posts, read 186,804 times
I'm getting the feeling that trailers are not a good thing even if you buy a good piece of land to put it on??

Old 07-30-2010, 04:08 AM

96 posts, read 356,222 times
Havana's scenic area is pretty I guess, but so it's practically the same as tally. If you remove the government's limits on counties and cities, all of the Tallahassee metro area looks the same, Tallahassee just has >WAY< more to do, and Havana does have run down, area with trailor parks and it isn't my first choice to move some where.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:33 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,728,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyPain View Post
Havana's scenic area is pretty I guess, but so it's practically the same as tally. If you remove the government's limits on counties and cities, all of the Tallahassee metro area looks the same, Tallahassee just has >WAY< more to do, and Havana does have run down, area with trailor parks and it isn't my first choice to move some where.
I just used Havana as a reference point but as you know just a few miles in one direction or another can be a world of difference. Heck drive just a few miles in the right direction from where I am sitting now and you will be in a crack area and you can say the same no matter where you are. The point is, I don't want to live in a city and as far as things to do that is the other whole point. It is all just a short drive to Tallahassee giving you the best of both worlds. That is why people living up north will commutt a few hours to work in the city but live in the country.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:30 PM

640 posts, read 1,289,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalleyster View Post
That sounds like a throwdown. Next time I go up there I will take pictures and prove you wrong.

8^)
I know havana,fl very well. Sure my uncle has a beautiful house on a lake there......... but if he built that house in leon county it would be worth more...........Gadasen county the county havana is in just doesnt compare to leon county.

But yeah take pictures of the good areas in havana i know there are some you might get my uncle house.

Leon county more jobs, better schools and more to do just that simple!!

why not look out by bradfordville road past killearn.......Or maybe south near southwood area???????? but havana just doesnt make sense!!

Old 08-04-2010, 05:04 AM

57 posts, read 847,028 times
Really it comes down to what type of person you are, and things that you like to do for a living. If you have school aged kids, I would avoid Havana, Quincy, and everything east on Leon County including Jefferson. Year after year, the public schools are one of the worst performing in the state. You will end up paying more for private schools and providing your own transport to them.

I enjoy having a Publix close by, a short drive to my kids' sports fields, and a plethora of restaurants nearby. In Havana, everything is a drive, and I don't believe there is a large grocery store there.

If you like living in the country, keep to yourselves, spend your days off at home, then Havana can be a great place. I looked at all my options before I bought, but could not resist the accesibility that Tallahassee has.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:35 PM

96 posts, read 356,222 times
Tallahassee is BOOMING,

For instance, we have 0 dunkin donuts, and for some reason, we're getting 8.
We're booming, move here.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:17 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,366,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyPain View Post
Tallahassee is BOOMING,

For instance, we have 0 dunkin donuts, and for some reason, we're getting 8.
We're booming, move here.
Wouldn't call that "booming" as franchise owners will often buy and operate several at once. If that owner were to encounter financial problems then those 8 stores are going to close all at once too.

On a side note, I graduated from FSU in 2008 and Tallahassee has since become the recipient of IHOP and now Dunkin Donuts franchises when they had none while I was there. Grrr.....

Old 08-05-2010, 06:20 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,366,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
I just used Havana as a reference point but as you know just a few miles in one direction or another can be a world of difference. Heck drive just a few miles in the right direction from where I am sitting now and you will be in a crack area and you can say the same no matter where you are. The point is, I don't want to live in a city and as far as things to do that is the other whole point. It is all just a short drive to Tallahassee giving you the best of both worlds. That is why people living up north will commutt a few hours to work in the city but live in the country.
FWIW I don't think you need to go as far as Havana to get into the country...just go past Capital Circle and things get "country" pretty quick (with the exception of on the north side of town).

Old 10-03-2010, 12:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,797 times
I am from Russia. How much is a rental house in Havana? Where can I find out what houses rent out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee