Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 05:39 PM

105 posts, read 249,337 times

Advertisements

*noticeably* sorry for incorrect spelling. I am sick of the strong sun in the Miami area, been here for quite some years. I love Florida's warmth, but would much rather be in a place where I could walk around and not have to deal with the hot sun being so harsh on my skin. Most people know that the sun is not good for your skin if you are in it too much. Do you notice that the sun is noticeably less harsh when you are in Tallahassee compared to Miami?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 05:28 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,396,011 times
Yes, I do!

Some people complain that inland/north and central Florida don't have the breeze we have down here. I wonder how breezy they think it is here??

I feel like the sun is eating into my skin until I get north of Lake O. Then it starts to get better. There seem to be more oak hammocks and other shade trees up north more. Not easy to find on the southeast coast unless you're in a wildlife area or something.

Plus as you get away from the equator the sun is less intense.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:41 AM

3,257 posts, read 4,968,725 times
Well, technically the sun may be less strong in Tallahassee than in Miami because Tallahassee is farther north, I've lived in both places and to me the sun is brutal in both places. I don't notice any difference. I stay out of the sun as much as possible, because it just hurts.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:51 PM

70 posts, read 110,581 times
I was wondering this too, and also, I lived for years in the Brownsville area of TX and El Paso Tx where I got used to southern sun, and I was wondering how the Fl panhandle compares. I wonder if other forces are at work besides latitude.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:48 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,886,211 times
My son was born and raised in Miami and lives in Tally now. He says the summers are more brutal in Tally. Hotter there and less breezes. That being said, he enjoys fall, winter and spring more in Tally since those seasons are cooler. So he suffers through one worse season for three better ones.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:28 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,322,514 times
The sun is noticeably lower in the sky during winter here than Miami, but during the summer the difference is minimal to none.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:30 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,322,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
My son was born and raised in Miami and lives in Tally now. He says the summers are more brutal in Tally. Hotter there and less breezes. That being said, he enjoys fall, winter and spring more in Tally since those seasons are cooler. So he suffers through one worse season for three better ones.
That might be true, but at night it cools off a lot more here in Tally during summer. It normally gets into the lower 70s at night during summer here, in Miami you'd be lucky to have a night below 75 F from June-September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee