U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 08:25 AM

3 posts, read 21,985 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I'm an Asian male from the North East who dates interracially with women of all backgrounds.

I'll be moving to Tallahassee soon, and I'm wondering what the dating scene is like there. On my recent visit, I observed the women to be open and friendly at the social level (more so than the North Easterners). But my question is, how open are they towards the idea of actually dating an Asian guy?

If any locals, women or otherwise, know anything about this topic, please let me know. I'd appreciate your response!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 08:49 AM

7,902 posts, read 8,517,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyCho View Post
Hi all. I'm an Asian male from the North East who dates interracially with women of all backgrounds.

I'll be moving to Tallahassee soon, and I'm wondering what the dating scene is like there. On my recent visit, I observed the women to be open and friendly at the social level (more so than the North Easterners). But my question is, how open are they towards the idea of actually dating an Asian guy?

If any locals, women or otherwise, know anything about this topic, please let me know. I'd appreciate your response!

LOCAL girls, while not necessarily racist, may be reluctant to date outside their race. But add FSU into the equation, and that changes things dramatically.

FSU tends to be a more "liberal" campus in a lot of ways, and has a reputation for having many beautiful women as well. (It's true!) Most of the young ladies there are not local, or if they are, they have a more liberal attitude about race.

White/black married couples are not really a big deal down here anymore, and I seriously doubt anyone (worth mentioning) would raise an eyebrow over an Asian dating anyone. My wife is Mexican, and it has never been an issue here.

Now, outside Tallahassee in the rural areas...that is a whole different story.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:25 PM

22 posts, read 91,833 times
thye girls here are very "open" if u catch my drift...if u are going to fsu...then i agree with the other guy in saying that there are many women...though a lot can be very promiscious....my fraternity brother kyle is an asian and he has tons of hot friends and he gets a lot of hot asians

Old 06-24-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
LOCAL girls, while not necessarily racist, may be reluctant to date outside their race. But add FSU into the equation, and that changes things dramatically.

FSU tends to be a more "liberal" campus in a lot of ways, and has a reputation for having many beautiful women as well. (It's true!) Most of the young ladies there are not local, or if they are, they have a more liberal attitude about race.

White/black married couples are not really a big deal down here anymore, and I seriously doubt anyone (worth mentioning) would raise an eyebrow over an Asian dating anyone. My wife is Mexican, and it has never been an issue here.

Now, outside Tallahassee in the rural areas...that is a whole different story.

Thanks for your input, Strel. I guess the key is to stay within the city limits and to mingle with the FSU girls! Just curious, how beautiful/liberal are the women at other schools in Tallahassee when compared to those at FSU?

Also, will you please recommend a couple of particularly diverse neighborhoods that I might want to consider when looking for an apartment?

Thanks!

Old 06-24-2008, 04:50 PM

4,679 posts, read 8,154,955 times
Quote:
Thanks for your input, Strel. I guess the key is to stay within the city limits and to mingle with the FSU girls! Just curious, how beautiful/liberal are the women at other schools in Tallahassee when compared to those at FSU?

Also, will you please recommend a couple of particularly diverse neighborhoods that I might want to consider when looking for an apartment?

Thanks!
FAMU girls are great, trust me.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:09 AM

7,902 posts, read 8,517,794 times
Quote:

Thanks!

Well, if you are looking for "action" I might not be the best person to ask. I graduated from FSU in 1990, am married with children, live on the north side of town and avoid campus whenever possible*. IOW, I'm lame.

As for other schools in Tallahassee, I really couldn't say. There is FAMU, a traditionally black school, and TCC the community college. In terms of available, attractive women, they don't come close to FSU.

So, if you are looking for a diverse, fun neighborhood and trying to coordinate that with your - ahem - "other" goals...you probably want to live near campus and it's bar scene. That means the apartment complexes surrounding campus itself.

Within that category - stay away from the stadium area and the south side of campus in general. The area just north of campus (across Tennessee street) is also not very nice. Your best shot for a "scenic" view from your apartment window, would be among the sorority houses just east of campus, between Park avenue and Pensacola street - IOW, between campus and downtown. There you get the best of both worlds - you can walk up the hill to all the downtown stuff, you are in the middle of the main student area, and you will be surrounded, on all sides, by lovely young women.

Florida Towers, Collegewood and Jefferson Arms are all in that area and right next to each other. I lived in Collegewood during law school myself (it's right across the street). There are also houses for rent and smaller complexes in that area that may be nicer. Florida Towers is practically a bordello (in a good way).

You may also want to try the area immediately WEST of campus, but IMHO it is not nearly as nice and farther from the downtown bars.

__________________________________________________ _______________
*With the exception of the occassional "scenic" drive through campus on the way back from lunch - my office is only about four blocks away.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Well, if you are looking for "action" I might not be the best person to ask. I graduated from FSU in 1990, am married with children, live on the north side of town and avoid campus whenever possible*. IOW, I'm lame.

As for other schools in Tallahassee, I really couldn't say. There is FAMU, a traditionally black school, and TCC the community college. In terms of available, attractive women, they don't come close to FSU.

So, if you are looking for a diverse, fun neighborhood and trying to coordinate that with your - ahem - "other" goals...you probably want to live near campus and it's bar scene. That means the apartment complexes surrounding campus itself.

Within that category - stay away from the stadium area and the south side of campus in general. The area just north of campus (across Tennessee street) is also not very nice. Your best shot for a "scenic" view from your apartment window, would be among the sorority houses just east of campus, between Park avenue and Pensacola street - IOW, between campus and downtown. There you get the best of both worlds - you can walk up the hill to all the downtown stuff, you are in the middle of the main student area, and you will be surrounded, on all sides, by lovely young women.

Florida Towers, Collegewood and Jefferson Arms are all in that area and right next to each other. I lived in Collegewood during law school myself (it's right across the street). There are also houses for rent and smaller complexes in that area that may be nicer. Florida Towers is practically a bordello (in a good way).

You may also want to try the area immediately WEST of campus, but IMHO it is not nearly as nice and farther from the downtown bars.

__________________________________________________ _______________
*With the exception of the occassional "scenic" drive through campus on the way back from lunch - my office is only about four blocks away.

Strel, thanks once again for your informative reply! I have a better sense of the town now. I'll definitely check out the neighborhood (and of course the bordellos) to the east of campus.

Come on, you aren't lame; you seem to know all the "scenic" areas where you can study the female species! Thanks again!

Old 08-03-2008, 09:58 PM

286 posts, read 890,160 times
I will be going to Florida State next fall. For an apartment it has to be two miles or less from campus and in a safe neighborhood. Any more ideas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee