Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 01:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,524 times

Advertisements

I recently graduated and will be moving from Houston to Tallahassee to work for FSU. Being a recent grad I don't have alot of money to put down nor am I making enough to make payment on a house so I figured an apartment or something for rent is best for now.

I have a reliable car so driving is not a big issue if it means saving on rent, but close to campus is obivously a plus. If nothing else, places to avoid would help alot. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 01:59 PM

894 posts, read 4,349,397 times
I have a son at FSU and we own a townhouse. We were searching for a roomate just a few weeks ago, and logged on to Craigslist. There is a slew of places for rent, some with roomates, some not. There is a site Tallahassee Real Estate-Homes for sale in Tallahassee-Tallahassee Information-Tallahassee Realtor - REALTOR ® He is a real estate agent in Tally. He has a great description of the different areas of Tally if you look too the left on his site.

Good Luck and GO NOLES!

Last edited by ready2move; 07-31-2008 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: added info

Old 08-01-2008, 08:48 AM

2 posts, read 3,524 times
yeah, i went to craig's list and saw lots of listings for places. as far as locations, are there any area's around town or campus you don't recomend living whether for safety or just areas to avoid?

Old 08-01-2008, 09:34 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Try this:

Florida Housing Search - Socialserve.com

But take the advice already given: you do NOT want to live near campus, unless you are a student.

The north and east sides of town tend to be nicer. The areas west, south and north of campus are not the best...and include some of the worst parts of town. East of campus is downtown.

Your best bet is to stay north and east of downtown, avoiding the Monroe Street corridor if possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee