Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 02:26 PM

794 posts, read 1,860,464 times

Advertisements

Washington, D.C.

Tampa.....you dropped 22 spots to 176th on the list of 196!!!! We are only 22 spots from leading the list of the USA's worst drivers. Considering the population of each city, I think the results should be curved so that Tampa closer to the top.

"Some cities saw big swings, however. Tampa fell 22 places to 176th. Bridgeport, Conn., and Torrance, Calif., both fell 15 places. If that sounds discouraging, consider some of the success stories. Tempe, Ariz., improved by 27 places and Laredo, Texas, was up 29. But none can top Jackson, Miss., when it comes to improvement, which was up 92 places."

Washington leads list of worst cities for traffic accidents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 06:42 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,386,492 times
close. maryland drivers are the worst. dc by association since so many maryland'ers drive into town for work every day.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
I would've thought Orlando would be lower on the list than Tampa with all of the tourists.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:18 PM

451 posts, read 933,590 times
I think Tampa's stats might be deflated since every conscious driver is overly concerned about all the lane-changing, speed-racing yahoos who don't know what a turn signal is. Fortunately for us defensive drivers, we're already pretty aware that Rodney in his raised-up pickup with an American flag paint job is probably going to drive like a douche. Thanks for the heads up, Rodney. This list-- is thanks to you!!

Old 09-07-2011, 08:01 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinktank View Post
I think Tampa's stats might be deflated since every conscious driver is overly concerned about all the lane-changing, speed-racing yahoos who don't know what a turn signal is. Fortunately for us defensive drivers, we're already pretty aware that Rodney in his raised-up pickup with an American flag paint job is probably going to drive like a douche. Thanks for the heads up, Rodney. This list-- is thanks to you!!

Does Rodney have a pair of truck-nuts hanging from his rear bumper?

Old 09-08-2011, 04:32 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,473 times
I thought it was Ethyl with "Let me tell you about my Grandkids" bumper sticker pulling out in front of traffic and wiping out storefronts because she got confused as to which one was gas and brake pedal causing all the problems.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:42 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,126,926 times
The worst drivers in the country are located in Miami------its a venture in prayer and hope.

The drivers change lanes aggressively and at will----mostly not bothering to signal.

There are tons of seniors who will put their left signal on and make a right turn.

There a lots of people who have no clue about road rules, and think traffic signs are to be ignored.

Driving on I 95 in Miami Dade County is a novel experience-------objects constantly in the road---fingers and gestures made aplenty----the splendid sounds of many horns-----the endless traffic jams causing rage and anxiety. Ah yes, if you have to drive I 95 daily in Miami Dade please make sure your blood pressure meds are constantly refilled.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:02 AM

16 posts, read 37,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
close. maryland drivers are the worst. dc by association since so many maryland'ers drive into town for work every day.
I think you are confusing Virginia drivers for Maryland drivers.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:07 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,386,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkyfantastic View Post
I think you are confusing Virginia drivers for Maryland drivers.
nope. virginia drivers are dumb but nowhere near as unsafe as the insane a-holes that plague maryland. big difference.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:34 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
The worst drivers in the country are located in Miami------its a venture in prayer and hope.
Take your eyes off the road down there for one second is all it could take down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay