Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 01:53 PM

4 posts, read 6,519 times

Advertisements

Hi yall. My family and I are currently stationed at Fort Hood, TX but got recruiting orders for Tampa. We're very excited but we have about two weeks to find a house.

My husband will be working at the recruiting station in Citrus Park. We get almost 1700 a month for BAH (basic housing allowance). I don't want him to have a terrible commute. Say not more than 30 minutes. We have an infant son and we will only be stationed here for at max 3 years so schools aren't important at the moment. For now we're looking at renting since we need a home on short notice and we already own our home here in Texas. I'd like to be reasonably close to beaches, things to do, etc. But honestly I'm sure anything will be better than where we live now. Safety is a huge priority to me because my husband will be gone a lot for work.

Thanks so much for all your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 04:34 PM

aw come on? nobody?

Old 06-28-2010, 05:50 PM

40 posts, read 173,778 times
Citrus Park is a nice area. It is not too close to the beach (about a 1/2 hour drive) Look for rentals in Odessa. There is a big mall in Citrus park and plenty of restaurants. We live about 12 minutes north of the mall so I now the area very well. We have always owned so I'm not up to date with what rentals go for. Are you looking to rent and apartment or house?

Old 06-28-2010, 06:01 PM

I forgot to tell you to look into the Westchase area in Tampa. Very close to Citrus Park. Westchase is a huge area of all types of homes from townhomes to very large homes and everything in between. There is shopping, restaurants, parks, banks, grocery stores, etc. all inside this neighborhood. Google "for rent in Westchase Tampa, FL."

Old 06-28-2010, 06:43 PM

We're looking to rent a house because we have pets. My husband seems to think the commute won't be awful from palm springs to citrus park but I think he might just be kidding himself. We found a house in the Magdalene Shores area that I like so far.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:31 AM

Palm Springs is on the other coast of Florida over 3 1/2 hours away. Maybe you meant Palm Harbor? Palm Harbor is about a half hour from Citrus Park and Oldsmar is about 20 minutes. (this is an approx. time with normal traffic)

Old 06-29-2010, 01:21 PM

Haha yea Palm Harbor. My mistake.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:14 PM

817 posts, read 2,250,628 times
Like the others have said, if he wants an even smaller commute, Citrus Park itself is very nice and so so Westchase. My wife and I looked in both of those areas before we settled in New Tampa. Odessa could be ok too but it's more rural than suburban.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay