Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 09:54 AM

6 posts, read 17,516 times

Advertisements

I'm flying into the Tampa airport for business and will be working a little north of the city. I'm an amateur photographer also and would love some public parks, public beaches, great views (bridges on the bay, etc) to stop and take some pictures. What beaches/parks would you suggest? I'm looking for a good area to stay in to do some of this. Can someone suggest a few areas not far from the airport where I should look? I don't want to go too far. If there's something on the east side of the bay that's best, but I could always go across Gandy Blvd.

Thanks! I'm excited to join you in Tampa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 12:47 PM

Ok, so the boss tells me I have to stay in Odessa. Some beaches near there are best. Others may be possible too.

Thanks!

Old 06-23-2010, 02:09 PM

48 posts, read 160,310 times
Great area for what you're talking about. All but the bridges, anyway. Plenty of big nature parks in the area. Starkey Park, Brooker Creek, even Connor Preserve if you want something completely undeveloped and mostly deserted. (spent 3-4 hours hiking around there a few months ago, never saw another person!) Plenty of good beaches from Honeymoon Island (take the ferry over to Caledesi) and on up the coast through Tarpon Springs and further North as far as Hernando and Homosassa Springs if you want to go that far. The Withlacoochee Forest is good, too.

Some of the smaller parks will surprise you, too. My wife likes to go to Chesnut Park (just East of Lake Tarpon near the South end) to take pictures because there always seems to be an abundance of wildlife there. (gators, turtles, birds, squirrels, deer, etc) There's also a nice observation tower there with a good view of the lake.

For nature photography, your boss is actually doing you a favor by putting you in Odessa rather than downtown Tampa!

Old 06-23-2010, 02:20 PM

EXACTLY what I was looking for Loren. Thanks! I think I'll try Chesnut if I get a chance. I'll be working until about 5 or 6 every day but it should be decently light until 8:30 or 9, so we'll see! Dawn and dusk are the best times for photography anyway!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay