Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 11,174 times

Advertisements

I have some friends moving to Hudson, FL. They are somewhat computer illiterate so i am helping them research. I was suprised at the low price of homes there which is usually a sign of a bad area.

Can you please provide feedback on this town? How are the schools? Crime? Negative aspects? Positive aspects? Home Insurance? shopping? traffic? etc.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 03:37 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,218 times
One word: Blech! But that's my opinion asI did not like it there! Spring Hill was much better and there are lots of low priced houses all about the area. As for prices, I think it has more to do w/the housing market than crime. Pasco and Hernando counties both have super deals on houses. Best wishes!

Old 06-20-2007, 04:43 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpster View Post
I have some friends moving to Hudson, FL. They are somewhat computer illiterate so i am helping them research. I was suprised at the low price of homes there which is usually a sign of a bad area.

Can you please provide feedback on this town? How are the schools? Crime? Negative aspects? Positive aspects? Home Insurance? shopping? traffic? etc.

Thanks
There are quite different areas of Hudson.
I lived in Fairway Oaks and was very happy there. No crime to speak of, nice quiet neighborhood near the golf course.
There are some areas I did not like though.
It all depends where they are.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:49 PM

25 posts, read 75,326 times
Default What is bad are and cheap?

We are moving to the Net month or so to Hudson in The Fairways Oaks Community it is nice , and The house prices are $ 200.000 and up I dont think is to cheap? Good luck

Old 06-21-2007, 06:55 AM

125 posts, read 504,966 times
Hudson is not a bad area. It is building up like crazy. So is every where else. There are plenty of home to look at. Just depends what the price range is and what you are looking for.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:05 PM

79 posts, read 364,244 times
Exclamation There are nice parts, and some horrendous parts of Hudson.

I grew up in Port Richey, the next town over. My husband lived in Hudson, and prior to our relocation to TN, we spent a lot of time in Hudson.

I think comparing Hudson to places such as Port Richey and Spring Hill would be a big mistake, as there's a significant portion of Hudson that is rural, with houses with a few acres of land, trailers, and much more of the "rural/country" vibe than Spring Hill or even Port Richey.

If you are selective about the area you pick to live in, you will be fine. If you are retired, there are parts of Hudson that are beautiful. (Be mindful of flooding if you move near the water though!)

Hudson has improved a lot in recent years. Hudson used to have a primarily seedy, trailer-park vibe to it. It seems to have improved considerably, with more suburban communities springing up, more retirement communities, and a marginal amount of improvement to the school district.

Word of advice:

I am an English teacher, and taught in Pasco County for a few years. Hudson schools are NOT the best, and Hudson High in particular, has more than a few issues.

I would say that there are better parts of Pasco County, but there are certainly worse parts.

Just be mindful of your neighbors, and make sure you don't live near any trailers with meth labs. (NO JOKE!)

Old 07-05-2007, 08:42 AM

12 posts, read 48,237 times
One word...Hudtuckey..

Old 07-05-2007, 09:42 AM

70 posts, read 363,165 times
It certainly isn't what I'd call "desireable" It used to be known as sort of a Hickish/White trash area, and to a certain extent still is. A lot of that stigma is probably unfair as the face of Hudson is changing and more familes are moving in, but I currently live in Downtown area of New Port Richey and wouldn't want to move any north of where I am. Hudson does have many new developments, and if you live near the Suncoast, you are not too far from Tampa shopping/attractions etc. Give it a few years and I am sure it will go the way of Trinity and be cleaned up significantly, which couldn't hurt. I work here in Hudson, primarly with the Moon Lake/Shady Hills crowd, and they seem to reflect "traditional" Hudson values of proud racism/sexism and a strong affection for Nascar and hunting.

All in All Hudson has potential, I just can't see myself wanting to live here as of now.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:27 AM

22 posts, read 112,940 times
I have lived in Hudson since Oct 1993 - I lived in Fairway Oaks and now on acreage off SR 52....I have raised two children through High School (Hudson) and though not over the moon about Hudson High for my son - my daughter who has special needs has been welcomed and loved from day one....but thats another story....not the greatest but not that bad either....both my kids get good grades because I encourage extra reading and keeping up with their progress....and I truly believe this is the key to any school ... teachers can only do so much, it is up to us as parents to keep up with it all......I have found Hudson friendly and I have never felt threatened at night....I am a single parent....there is no where (so far) that I go where I feel uncomfortable...there are some "characters" and homeless people around....but for the most part they are non threatening...I hope it remains that way because I feel changes are happening and not necessarily for the good...the area is growing and when progress happens, there are other elements becoming evident that are not necessarily welcome...but for those wanting Florida lifesytel.....yep its LAID BACK.....I have enjoyed my life thus far here

Old 11-29-2007, 05:47 PM

28 posts, read 110,029 times
From my experience, going thru all the schools in Hudson, the education is not at all what I want for my kids. Most teachers are there because they have to be and do not encourage students to do or make anything of themselves. I've had teachers tell students in my class that they don't need to do anything because they were going to be sod layers anyway, luckily I was a driven student. There are decent areas throughout Hudson but overall it's not somewhere I would have chosen to move to. A lot of people have no respect for their own property let alone others. I think properties are overpriced for what you are getting, go a few more miles north into Spring Hill and get double the size in lots (most places) without being in a deed restricted subdivsion and much newer, larger houses. imo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay