Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 07:29 PM

25 posts, read 58,919 times

Advertisements

We just moved to South Tampa because of the schools - I have kids in elementary, middle, and high school. We chose this area specifically for the public schools - Plant HS primarily. The middle and elementary are also A rated Coleman and Dale Mabry. We did a ton of research on schools and this was where we landed. I work in Riverview, takes me about 20 min to get to work. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 07:52 PM

7 posts, read 21,689 times
Default Riverview is in decline

Riverview is decline right now, a lot of houses were built in that area and when the market crashed they couldn't sell it anymore, so if you are looking for price Riverview will be a good deal for you, but good luck if decide to sell in the future, Fishhawk is in Lithia, it is a nice community but it is a bit far from everything, there are only two small roads (Lithia PineCrest and Boyette), and traffic can be pretty brutal on rush hours, if you have kids it might be a good thing because it is kind of a control inviroment, you have a lot of things inside the community, but if you want to get out you can count of at least 15 minutes just to get to Brandon (busy area nearby). Even though Brandon is an area that offer a lot more than Fish Hawk I would avoid it, I would still buy in Fishhawk. I lived in Valrico (between FishHawk and Brandon) for 4 years and know the area pretty well. Good luck!!

Old 08-03-2010, 11:56 PM

4 posts, read 10,031 times
We have lived here in Riverview for over 30 years. (Both of us born & raised in Brandon) We raised all 8 of our children here. Don't know what you mean by "Ghetto". If you mean the developers over built and have many, many empty houses that people left because they couldn't afford. Yes, that is true.

If you mean there are more black people here than white now, yes, that is true too.

Yes, every area has an undesirable neighborhood. The ones in Riverview are Panther Trace, Rivercrest & Summerfield. They brought their crime with them. Unfortunately, the original residence were out numbered by the almighty dollar & the lousy county.

10 years ago, this was an outstanding place to live and raise kids.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:04 AM

4 posts, read 10,031 times
Riverview is decline right now, a lot of houses were built in that area and when the market crashed they couldn't sell it anymore,

Could not sell? No, they kept building and ruining our land and the idiots who bought into it could not afford it! Do you people know what happens to developments that were suppose to be "high end" and people leave them abandoned? They become "projects". Meaning, government owned, subsidized. Thank you for bringing that to us! You can move back up north and leave us with the high property taxes and what was your "dream" you couldn't afford being nothing more than a "poor" government subsidiary. No skin off your backs is it? No, you just move back up north..........nothing lost, nothing gained.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,595 times
I am looking to buy in the Newdale or Cypressdale area. Can anyone give me a heads up to that area?

Old 08-15-2010, 08:20 AM

2 posts, read 6,721 times
Many areas of Riverview are nearly empty. I bought a home alomost a year ago and looked in a couple riverview areas. Honestly, most of them creeped me out. Riverview boomed a couple years ago and they built like crazy. As a result there are many foreclosed, empty and rented homes. Some friends of mine bought in a Riverview neighborhood almost 2 years ago in an area that used to be considered very nice. It has continued to go downhill. In riverview I would suggest looking in eastern and northern areas.
Fishhawk/Lithia area is good (this is where I bought). Fishhawk is an area that hasn't been hit as hard. I live in new construction and the homes sell before they are finished. You won't get as good of a deal on a home, but for me it was worth it. If you have kids it is fantastic! 2 pools, a "town square" and great schools. They even have free concerts in the summer. It was built originally as a "town within a town". Just google Fishhawk Ranch. I live less than 10 minutes from my friends that bought in riverview.
I have lived here all my life. The valrico area is nice too. As a general rule for the Brandon area, I say your better off south of highway 60, east of highway 301, north of boyette rd, east of Dover rd. Your realtor should be familar with this. Found this post and thought I should add my opinion. I lived in the valrico area my entire life.
You can get huge homes for fairly cheap but some areas (not all) have gotten dangerous. If you do look in the area I suggest riding around the neighboring areas at different times of the day (most importantly at night). Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay