U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-23-2010, 09:55 PM

989 posts, read 2,103,110 times

Advertisements

Suntrust... never a problem or, a problem that wasn't fixed asap, last one was 4 years ago.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 08:48 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,735,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
Arianna Huffington: Move Your Money: A New Year's Resolution

Move Your Money

Move Your Money Find A Bank/Credit Union (http://moveyourmoney.info/find-a-bank - broken link)
Very good articles, housing crash!

Old 07-24-2010, 08:59 AM

162 posts, read 424,030 times
Before it became Wachovia it was First Union. Those initials were appropriate because they always seemed to have that attitude whenever we dealt with them.

One other poster recommended BOA. I've found them difficult and inconvient to deal with. Have had them slap fees on me by mistake.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:20 AM

46 posts, read 97,829 times
I've heard good things about GTE and Grow Financial credit union.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:04 AM

91 posts, read 234,945 times
Stick to Credit Unions...

Grow Financial

Old 07-24-2010, 03:43 PM

12,530 posts, read 12,816,949 times
Quote:
Arianna Huffington: Move Your Money: A New Year's Resolution

Move Your Money

Move Your Money Find A Bank/Credit Union (http://moveyourmoney.info/find-a-bank - broken link)
Fifth Third Bank was the only major bank in the area to receive four stars for
"safe and sound" status. I'll have to check them out.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:26 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,480,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
...good articles...
I liked the idea so much that it is one of the very few links I massmailed to just about everyone in my address book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Fifth Third Bank was the only major bank in the area to receive four stars for "safe and sound" status. I'll have to check them out.
You mean this Fifth Third Bank Mortgage Assistance | Fifth Third wants to assist you in handling your loan obligations and credit concerns in a more proactive manner (http://tinyurl.com/2eapgpm - broken link)
  • Refinance up to 125% loan-to-value ratio. For instance, if your home is worth $100,000 and your current mortgage exceeds that amount, under this program you may be able to refinance your mortgage up to $125,000
  • No appraisal required on some single-family homes
  • No minimum credit score
  • No employment, income or asset verification required
No appraisal? No min credit score? And you don't even have to be employed to refi for more than your home is worth in 2010? It sounds like they already have your money. I wonder if they'll give some of it to me.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:05 AM

2 posts, read 1,564 times
What are some of the bigger Credit Unions I can take a look at? I live in Dunedin (north of clearwater).

Old 07-25-2010, 05:39 AM

12,530 posts, read 12,816,949 times
Quote:
I liked the idea so much that it is one of the very few links I massmailed to just about everyone in my address book.

You mean this Fifth Third Bank Mortgage Assistance | Fifth Third wants to assist you in handling your loan obligations and credit concerns in a more proactive manner (http://tinyurl.com/2eapgpm - broken link)
  • Refinance up to 125% loan-to-value ratio. For instance, if your home is worth $100,000 and your current mortgage exceeds that amount, under this program you may be able to refinance your mortgage up to $125,000
  • No appraisal required on some single-family homes
  • No minimum credit score
  • No employment, income or asset verification required
No appraisal? No min credit score? And you don't even have to be employed to refi for more than your home is worth in 2010? It sounds like they already have your money. I wonder if they'll give some of it to me.

^ Which sounds like the alter-ego of Wells Fargo....not a bad thing. They must be doing something right if they're rated "fiscally sound" versus the other major banks.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:48 AM

1,116 posts, read 1,480,593 times
That postcrash policy is the very same precrash policy which produced the crash. Fifth third bank had received over $3,000,000,000 of your TARP money because of the crash which was produced by such policies. Give me $3 billion and I'll be fiscally sound too. Doing something right? We must have differing views on skeevy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay