U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-17-2011, 03:44 PM

143 posts, read 197,561 times

Advertisements

If the homeowner has to pay property and school taxes, just exactly what does one get in return for HOA fees?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 03:59 PM

10,009 posts, read 9,862,665 times
My HOA pays for gate-security, 24 hr home security, lawn watering, landscaping, basic cable, a community pool and fitness center. So if I stop paying them, my neighbors have to cover the costs - and should be reimbursed by me if I sell my home. Its the equivalent of walking out on a bill.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:44 PM

15,704 posts, read 21,100,274 times
The horrors are not over for this community. Mark Spector the president is keep sabotaging closings and sellers keep stuck with homes that buyers walk away from....

Very sad!

I just became aware of another buyer who is very upset about the closing not being to go through because the HOA wanted an outrageous amount from the seller....just before closing...

Old 03-20-2011, 03:02 PM

10,009 posts, read 9,862,665 times
Sounds as if the real estate agent should do his/her homework. Isn't this type of information made known by the seller? I blame the seller for all of this, not the HOA.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:47 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
967 posts, read 1,225,132 times
Certainly the sellers need to perform due diligence here, but it also sounds like the HOA is puling the last minute "Oh, by the way" thing on people as well.

I find it difficult to imagine that a sale that is pending for easily 60-90 days goes unnoticed by the residents/HOA. Maybe their rationale is that they wait until the last minute with the hope that the buyers will cave in to their demands because they want the house bad enough?

It would seem that if this continues to occur that realtors are going to steer people away from the area as a result of the HOA's shenanigans. Why bother showing buyers a property you suspect will get torpedoed at the last minute?

I see nothing positive in the actions of the HOA. If anything, they appear to be seriously self defeating....

RM

Old 03-20-2011, 05:21 PM

15,704 posts, read 21,100,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Certainly the sellers need to perform due diligence here, but it also sounds like the HOA is puling the last minute "Oh, by the way" thing on people as well.

I find it difficult to imagine that a sale that is pending for easily 60-90 days goes unnoticed by the residents/HOA. Maybe their rationale is that they wait until the last minute with the hope that the buyers will cave in to their demands because they want the house bad enough?

It would seem that if this continues to occur that realtors are going to steer people away from the area as a result of the HOA's shenanigans. Why bother showing buyers a property you suspect will get torpedoed at the last minute?

I see nothing positive in the actions of the HOA. If anything, they appear to be seriously self defeating....

RM
It's the HOA! the agent notified the HOA when the contract was signed by both parties since the agent was aware of the issues in this community. The HOA waited until the day before closing to come up with a bill close to $ 7K...hard to believe that this can be right...

I have contacted the president myself over a month ago with a question and still haven't heard back. The email was send to his email and copied to other members....NOT one word back.

If I was a seller i would take the HOA to court....this is ridiculous to held all the home owners hostage by not doing the work they should do and let buyers able to move in and get motivated new neighbors.

I'm glad that in 2005 we decided not to buy there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay