Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2010, 03:23 PM

274 posts, read 318,492 times

Advertisements

Where is your employment and the hours you will be working.

I'd be working out of two locations, one on W Cypress St. near the Airport/Westshore district, the other at the corner of highway 301 and Adamo drive in eastern tampa/brandon. My hours are flexible, 8hrs/day so I could work anywhere from 6:30am-3pm to 8:30am-5pm if it made the commute easier.

Wife would be working at Moffitt hospital at USF campus, 7am-3:30pm or 8am-4:30pm.

What is your budget for housing. Do you want to rent or buy?
Buy. The max budget we are looking at in San Diego is 800-900K, but reducing that housing budget is part of why we'd want to move back to FL

Are schools a concern? Absolutely, and they are a big concern as we just had our first baby. Good local public schools all the way through HS would be best, though we'd be willing to consider private schools if necessary.

What is an acceptable commute time? ~30 minutes max would be best, we rented in South Tampa (near Hyde Park) for 1 year in 2007 and the work locations I listed above were all 20 minutes or less (during the peak of rush hour) from our house which was nice. We know about South Tampa, but are interested in any other neighborhoods that might fit our needs. We don't mind tract developments in the burbs further from downtown, we've found that the tract home we rent in CA has lots of kids, sense of community and good schools, and we really like that.

What else is important to you?
Sense of community, good schools, lots of kids around, parks, sidewalks and/or neighborhood walking trails. We did like South Tampa so that seems to be the best bet for us, we liked some of the stuff we saw in Carrollwood and where our friends lived in East Lake as well, although I know something like East Lake is too far.

Number one question is, is there anything that fits our criteria and commute times to BOTH of our work locations besides South Tampa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 08:09 PM

104 posts, read 224,395 times
sorry, i am not a tampa relocation expert yet, i am just moving there myself, but we were going to move to South OC and decided on Tampa instead. The houses are so much more affordable, the gas is cheaper, the water is warmer... i think you are making the right decision!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay