Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 06:20 PM

53 posts, read 259,605 times

Advertisements

My husband operates a few mortgage branches.

He was there again today and is impressed with how fast the area is growing; however, there are issues with homeowner's insurance, so it is important to research the area thoroughly. There are ancient underground caves that run through several miles of the city, which has resulted in various sinkholes. There is a sinkhole database that pinpoints all known issues to date. If you would like to have it, let me know. Of course, it is all relative.
kristi

Last edited by Jammie; 07-03-2007 at 11:03 PM.. Reason: soliciting isn't allowed ~name and phone number removed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 02:59 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,689 times
Default Yep, they closed

Whistle Junction closed awhile ago, I was told that the place is being demolished and Olive Garden is building........a Huddle House is a pancake house, there are alot of them up in GA. they are suppose to go in with a hotel right near Home Depot if they can get all their ducks in order, hee, hee

Now the county says the widening of Elgin won't go through for awhile, meanwhile they over paid on some of those houses, some were appraised at $160,000 and the paid $300,000.........most of the road projects that they had have jumped in prices.......Deltona Blvd. went from 3.5 million to 11 million
the more they wait the higher the price tag goes. And people say that the economy in Spring Hill is great/that Fl. is great, I beg to differ, the county is going to start letting go of personel, due to buget reductions, but everything is great in Fl., some people would tell you, the schools are great, jobs are plentiful and housing is cheap, taxes are low and there are a few sinkholes here and there, but not to worry, cause this is Fl and everything is great.
Of course I'm being sarcastic, but you get the jest of what I'm saying.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:01 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,819 times
Default Oh, a...pancake...house.

Oh, I luuuuv pancakes. Why, oh why couldn't it be there when I was?? We had IHOP and Perkins but Huddle would've been new and given us a choice. (Restuarants IMHO are usually best when new).

Anyway, there are hotels and restuarants going up on 19 so me thinks somethin' is brewin' Someone said a convention center may go up across from waterslide park. That would be awesome. Look at all the shows, trade and business shows, personalities and commerce it will bring to the area! Yep, something's brewing as they wouldn't put up another eatery and hotel. Maybe M. Peterson can shed some light on it.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:34 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
Oh, I luuuuv pancakes. Why, oh why couldn't it be there when I was?? We had IHOP and Perkins but Huddle would've been new and given us a choice. (Restuarants IMHO are usually best when new).

Anyway, there are hotels and restuarants going up on 19 so me thinks somethin' is brewin' Someone said a convention center may go up across from waterslide park. That would be awesome. Look at all the shows, trade and business shows, personalities and commerce it will bring to the area! Yep, something's brewing as they wouldn't put up another eatery and hotel. Maybe M. Peterson can shed some light on it.
What waterslide park?

In the Weeki Wachee area?

Old 07-04-2007, 07:58 PM

Yep. That one. Someone said the piece of land directly across 19 from the slide will house a convention center. Then someone said another water park. Have you heard anything, Mike?

Old 07-04-2007, 08:09 PM

He was going to attempt to put an indoor water park and small convention center across from Weeki Wachee Springs but is not pursuing it at this time.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:43 AM

Who knows, with all the growth popping up on Cortez and 19, he just might revisit the proposition. Thing is, as area develops, cost will rise. Then again, the big guns know how to time this sort of thing.

Thanks for the info, Mike. You are def. one who has his finger on the pulse of the area's realty situation.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:00 PM

57 posts, read 244,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue717 View Post
I'm not any kind of agent! But I do live in Spring Hill and I would not move here, if I knew before what I know now!
Where were you from before you moved to Spring Hill and what is it that you know know that you didn't before??

Old 07-05-2007, 02:56 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,689 times
Default Best Western

Yea, that's because he sold the Best Western and its under new ownership.
Things are changing hands here quicker than I can keep up with it all, nearly every week, something else got sold, the wheeling and dealing in Hernando Cty, they come and they go, they make their money and then leave and move to greener pastures.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
Yea, that's because he sold the Best Western and its under new ownership.
Things are changing hands here quicker than I can keep up with it all, nearly every week, something else got sold, the wheeling and dealing in Hernando Cty, they come and they go, they make their money and then leave and move to greener pastures.

The previous owner, has been around Hernando for quite a while.
He had the property for 4 years and did alot of upgrades.
They were not just here to make their money and leave as you put it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay