Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 07:16 PM

141 posts, read 754,333 times

Advertisements

The Commute from Wesley Chapel to downtown Tampa isn't that bad...it has it's good days and it's bad days but roughly it only takes about 30 min during rush hour, assuming there's no accidents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 08:53 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,379,348 times
30 min from Wesley Chapel to downtown during Rush Hour?? My brother commutes daily to downtown and it takes him almost 20 min just to get off Bruce B Downs to the Interstate...He leaves about 715am , and gets to the office at around 815, if there are no accidents.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:28 AM

33 posts, read 151,183 times
CDD fees are NOT in every development, just to clarify that.
Wesley chapel has a wholesome flavor and the houses are reasonable and more of a family lifestyle than Apollo I think but not at the beach.
I am in a coastal town with a beach and trying to find that elsewhere is hard to do I have discovered. The places I love most are always without a beach but since my mother comes several months of the year to spend everyday "living on the beach" , she goes in the morning and comes back in the evening and lives for her the next day at the beach. I almost cant bear to move to an area without a beach close by. This last year searching has been exhausting not to mention costs of gas, phone bills, hotels etc searching for a new home.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:24 AM

15 posts, read 57,966 times
I was looking at another house with a boat dock ! in Mira Bay just the other day....very very nice area, but it is sort of secluded, but that will change

Old 07-21-2007, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,447 times
It's growing quite fast in terms of population. But only now the residents are starting to get bored and realizing that there's nothing to do. It would be a good area to live... in 10 years. Right now, there are only construction workers, subdivisions and a big smokestack. Not to mention grass. Lots of grass, along with cows. There really isn't much to do around here. An Applebee's and a McDonald's opened this year. If you're from a metropolitan area thinking it would be great to move to Florida, don't move here. This is the side of Florida you don't see on postcards. The high school is one of the worst in the county. The city is hardly accessible: a 20 minute drive to a good mall and almost 45 to Tampa, so if you're thinking of saving money on gas, forget about it. The public bus only runs through Apollo Beach three times a day, but no one really uses it since there are no sidewalks leading to the bus stop. The city name itself is a contradiction since there is no beach. Unless you call a 1/4 mile stretch of rocky sand and dirty water a beach. A more accurate name would be Isolated and Deprived. But it would be interesting to see how Apollo Beach turns out in the years to come... they're trying.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:31 PM

33 posts, read 151,183 times
a lot of Naples developers went to Apolla and thought they would pump out massive over priced resort style developments and make more millions. It is growing but being along the water causes a problem finding someone to write a policy that is reasonable in costs. I love apolla beach area but with $28.00 per $1000 in taxes it is rather high just in taxes. The infrastructure is coming along slowly, but really there is only one main road to everything, they better plan some better roads or traffic will become an issue. It was a large argricultural area in rsukin and the smoke stacks still look horrible from the 35 parking places 1.4 acre beach area. Why they took the remaining beach like area and made it private is still unbelieveable to me.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:13 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,981 times
i find apollo beach to be the strangest most bizarre area. its almost eery. it just doesnt seem right over there. theres a bunch of mansions on the water and high priced half built condos all over the place mixed in with other rugged looking homes in an area that basically looks like its from another time zone. ruskin to the south is bad news and gibsonton to the north isnt too nice and the smoke stacks are just absurd, it cannot be healthy to breathe whatever is being pumped out of those 4 smokestacks all day long. bizarre strange area, circles is a good restaurant though.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:32 AM

5 posts, read 7,414 times
Default Apollo Beach

Apollo Beach is a wonderful town. It has grown since I have been there since 2001 but still I miss it when I am not there. I am leaving and it breaks my heart to say goodbye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay