U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 07:56 AM

55 posts, read 561,591 times

Advertisements

Hi, We have not been to Florida thinking about coming to look and maybe movr there. can you please tell me what are the best areas for a family to live in? Is Tarpon springs and the areas nearby nice ? If you have ever been to Tarpon springs can you Please tell me what its like there? Also, what are some othere nice areas ? Thanks for your help!!!

Can you also please tell me what areas to stay away from , counties & cities, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 10:36 AM

133 posts, read 387,391 times
I feel it really depends on what you are looking for in your home and location. If you would like to be near the beach, then Tarpon Springs, Clear Water and St. Pete would be a good option. If you want to be close to malls, airport, downtown, then Westchase, Carrollwood (Northdale) and Temple Terrace would be good. If you want more of a rural setting, then Lutz, Land O Lakes, Wesley Chapel and Spring Hill to the north and Gibsonton, Riverview and Apollo Beach to the South of Tampa. The Raymond James football stadium in close to downtown and the airport and the Ice Palace (Hockey) is in downtown Tampa. Tropicana stadium is located in St. Pete if you are a big baseball fan.

As you can see, there are many option to fit most peoples interest and it depends on what environment you are looking for. Many people try to be close to were they work first and then their hobbies second. What are your hobbies?

Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 PM

141 posts, read 558,327 times
I live in Temple Terrace and it's a nice area to live in.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:12 PM

9,911 posts, read 9,614,412 times
I'm considering a few places - moving in 2 years to TB area.
Wesley Chapel, Pebble Creek (off of Bruce B. Downs), Brandon (near Towncenter/Pavillion), Riverview (Summerfield area). I like being near the Crosstown Expressway - easy to get into downtown Tampa.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:44 PM

3 posts, read 59,434 times
Default Nice Area in Tampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello47 View Post
Hi, We have not been to Florida thinking about coming to look and maybe movr there. can you please tell me what are the best areas for a family to live in? Is Tarpon springs and the areas nearby nice ? If you have ever been to Tarpon springs can you Please tell me what its like there? Also, what are some othere nice areas ? Thanks for your help!!!

Can you also please tell me what areas to stay away from , counties & cities, thanks
Try Tampa Palms, located in New Tampa , just north of USF. We lived there for 6 years and it is the only place that I would consider living in Tampa.
We came back to NYC in 1996.
Di

Old 07-05-2007, 09:58 PM

1,738 posts, read 5,472,935 times
carrollwood, lutz area ....and all the others listed above

Old 07-12-2007, 09:45 PM

157 posts, read 701,133 times
Carrolwood, Westchase, New Tampa, Northern half of Pinellas County would be my votes

Old 07-12-2007, 10:01 PM

1,824 posts, read 5,747,645 times
Im more for Mom and Pop retail and restaurants, close knit historic neighborhoods, proximity to central busines districts, sporting/concert event halls, airport/ports and nightlife, so I choose South Tampa area.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:16 PM

71 posts, read 245,348 times
What zip codes in South Tampa are the most "do-able" for us who are monetarily challenged...?

Old 07-13-2007, 05:37 AM

157 posts, read 701,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilehelm View Post
What zip codes in South Tampa are the most "do-able" for us who are monetarily challenged...?
Look at houses closer to Dale Mabry Hwy. The closer to the water you get east and west, the higher priced it will get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay