Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2010, 06:24 PM

436 posts, read 1,120,546 times

Advertisements

Where are the nicer neighborhoods in Dunedin that are within walking distance (maybe roughly 1-2 miles) to downtown? Are there generally north or south of downtown? Any particularly nice streets/blocks?

Any help is really appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 06:04 AM

48 posts, read 189,448 times
The historic cottages are right downtown on beautiful tree lined streets. Along with large modern homes on the water, they are the most expensive houses in Dunedin. From downtown north to the Palm Harbor line there are pretty, quiet neighborhoods. North of downtown, but south of Hammock Park, many of the houses are small -- one or two bedrooms, one or two baths. Homes nearer the water, to the west of Alternate 19, are generally larger and more expensive.

South of downtown is a little more mixed. There are streets with mature trees and attractive houses and also a few streets with a number of boarded up or badly rundown houses.

All of Dunedin is within an easy bike ride of downtown.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:41 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,119,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbillyx View Post
Where are the nicer neighborhoods in Dunedin that are within walking distance (maybe roughly 1-2 miles) to downtown? Are there generally north or south of downtown? Any particularly nice streets/blocks?

Any help is really appreciated.

You will be able to tell which neighborhoods are nicer than others when you are down here driving around looking for a place to call home. When we looked its pretty obvious which neighborhoods are the quiet ones with older people living in them compared to the neighborhoods full of young families.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:20 AM

436 posts, read 1,120,546 times
Thanks. I am hoping to get down there soon and do some driving/walking/biking and see which area(s) I like.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:12 PM

147 posts, read 354,402 times
When we visited the area my wife truly liked Dunedin. She would prefer to live within walking distance of the small park area, the one with the Irish restaurant. However it looks like all the homes are of the small cottage type and we are looking for a house with a pool. Do some of the homes in the downtown area have pools? Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:18 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
xbillyx, I've followed your posts and I think you are on the right track. There are some nice neighborhoods close to the causeway, especially if a condo would suit. (Not all condos are 55+). PM me for the name of a great realtor who lives and works in Dunedin.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:29 AM

4 posts, read 43,090 times
Thumbs up Peruse the neighborhoods on the weekends

When we considered moving to Dunedin, we got a map from a realtor and drove through all the neighborhoods outside of the flood and potential for sink hole zones (the city engineer has a map of activity). We went on both weekends and on a weekday. We wanted a quiet neighborhood, one close to activities and one with some restrictions on what could be stored or parked on property. We immediately crossed off some as definited "no's" due to boat, RV, a number of work-related trucks and even cars jacked up on cinder blocks being stored. We also didn't want a neighborhood with severe deed restrictions. Get the neighborhood rules ahead of looking/making an offer if you are considering this type of subdivision. One subdivision had pretty onerous rules including having to have your mailbox approved if you wanted to replace it. The other thing to consider is that not all of the Dunedin mailing addresses are located in the incorporated town. This affects your tax rate and services. A little research will go a long way. Having said all that, Dunedin is a great town and we are pleased with our decision to move here.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:05 PM

3 posts, read 9,821 times
Which area is safe in dunedin?? We are moving to dunedin next month n going to rent a house. We are not able to decide which area to choose since we r not in fl now.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:44 PM

4 posts, read 43,090 times
Smile Depends on what you want to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyork55 View Post
Which area is safe in dunedin?? We are moving to dunedin next month n going to rent a house. We are not able to decide which area to choose since we r not in fl now.
A lot of people prefer to live near downtown where they can walk to activities. There are plenty of condos around there. Fairway Estates is a neighborhood which is quiet and consists of smaller homes. Based on the newspaper crime report, I'd stay away from subdivisions around Patricia Avenue...seems like addresses are always in the paper. Some subdivisions off of County Rt 1 are nice but I'm not sure they have rentals. Palm Harbor has some nice condos just north of Curlew Road. Somebody told me not to live south of Beltrees Road when I moved here. Can't comment on that since we didn't look around there. Drive through the neighborhoods and will be able to tell what living there would be like...at least we could. Up north you would find more consistent neighborhoods. Here, you will find really nice subdivisions next to trailer parks. As far as we can tell, that's just Florida. Dunedin has a lot of snowbirds that just winter down here so the properties are vacant in the summer in some neighborhoods. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay