Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2010, 12:22 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Honestly believe that? Not everyone wants the same result as a NORTHERN city in this country nor do we need to build exactly like them to be successful
Well thats why our systems our used by alot becuz the Downtowns are compacted or theres great Transit connections. Theres no point in taking a High Speed train form Tampa to Orlando and then rent a car , you might aswell drive then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 06:16 AM

428 posts, read 1,472,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
^Rick Scott has to accept this from a jobs standpoint or else that whole "Let's get to Work," will seem silly and take a little longer. Plus I'm not sure a guy who believes in less government spending is going to want to accept the financial burden this system will put on our state for years to come even in a best case scenario.
The financial burden of operations will be taken by the operators, not the state. The Tampa to Orlando link will be a loss leader for the firm who wins design and operation (e.g. Siemens). The real money will be an Orlando to Miami corridor.

So far, Florida-based engineering and geotech firms are doing the borings., survey, etc.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:39 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,307,566 times
City planners could learn a lot from... dare I say videogames?

Yes... I am serious. I still want to know why henderson runs diagonally through tampa.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:41 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Saw our new governor on the news today. He visited USF. I'm telling you, this guy does not exude confidence and really looks uncomfortable in front and interacting with people. I still wonder why he spent so much of his own money to run for office. I hope this guy doesn't trash the joint and leave office with the state in shambles.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:53 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Saw our new governor on the news today. He visited USF. I'm telling you, this guy does not exude confidence and really looks uncomfortable in front and interacting with people. I still wonder why he spent so much of his own money to run for office. I hope this guy doesn't trash the joint and leave office with the state in shambles.
That is my concern. I honestly don't think he knows what the hell he's doing, and his whole mysterious shady business past doesn't give me any confidence in him. I just hope he doesn't kill the rail deal now that we have the money and everything in place to go.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:11 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I also wonder what "your" Governor is going to do. In my opinion he just bought it! So sad! Now he may not accept a fully funded federal project just because of politics. Guys wake up! OK, the majority got what they voted! I still have hard time believing that the majority still want none of this.

Can't believe this. This is no brainer to me.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:46 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times
I'd like to know why they are only "talking" about it for 15 years.....that is a really long time..........do you know how many rail lines were added to other countries in that time frame? Countries that are not as "rich" as this one is supposed to be......

It took more than 7 years to finish those highway bridges by the airport.....imagine how long it would take to physically complete a light rail around here, especially if they are "talking" about it for another 15 years....just imagine.

"Public Transit" is not supposed to be another "attraction/theme park ride"....I saw the "long term" plans...by the time those will be applied, more people will live even further into pastures...................that's the problem in this area....

There are plenty of money around, this new Governor spend so much my head hurts when I think about it....adding buses now and make them come every 5/10 minutes can happen literally overnight if there's a WILL! That alone could help a lot in this area with all these transplants wanting public transit, we already have some lines and the buses on those can be easily multiplied and connections added no digging needed.

How about work with what is ALREADY available, then move onto more extravagant things.

Tampa rail planners struggle with downtown plan

I'd like to know how many of the residents of Nebraska/Florida Ave work IN downtown!

Transplants work in downtown, they moved here from up north to have "space", they live up here on pastures....who is serving THEM and when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Instead of belittling others, had you bothered to read/research the long term plan that's been linked on this forum repeatedly, you would already know that multimodal transportation options (light rail, parking, buses, etc) have been part of the Metropolitan Plan since its inception some 15 years ago. Give me a break.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:49 AM

Of course he did!

This is how this country is ran....by who has the most money to invest in THEMSELVES! Then do nothing for the average Joe's who are about to run out of unemployment.

I think it is ridiculous to pay 73 million dollars to buy a job that pays 6 figures! I wonder if those were his savings, or he borrowed it from one of the Bailed out lenders!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
In my opinion he just bought it! So sad!

Old 12-11-2010, 09:07 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Of course he did!

This is how this country is ran....by who has the most money to invest in THEMSELVES! Then do nothing for the average Joe's who are about to run out of unemployment.

I think it is ridiculous to pay 73 million dollars to buy a job that pays 6 figures! I wonder if those were his savings, or he borrowed it from one of the Bailed out lenders!!!!!!!!!!!
He used the money he "stole" from his Columbia/HCA fraud!

Old 12-11-2010, 09:14 AM

Not surprised.........

In Europe people REVOLT literally when the "representatives" adopt measures without re-search or reason or brains!:
ROYAL CAR ATTACK: Mob attacking Charles and Camilla's car lucky not to be shot | Mail Online

to bad Americans have grown accustomed to let things slide like this and let scumbags run this country and basically bring it to the ground!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
He used the money he "stole" from his Columbia/HCA fraud!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay