Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 11:34 AM

38 posts, read 156,803 times

Advertisements

Narrowing down my home search
Moving from NY
Couple in 40's with 2 year old.
Was wondering if I could get opinions from anyone familiar with these 2 communities:
Lakeshore Ranch in Land O' Lakes
and
Seven Oaks in Wesley Chapel
How do the communities stack up vs each other?
Homes?
Residents?
Schools?
Clubhouses/Pools/Playgrounds....etc..?
Location for nearby shopping/restaurants/Drs?
Crime?
Anyone living in either community, any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 11:35 AM

38 posts, read 156,803 times
Sorry guys, trying one last chance at some responses and bumping the post.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:26 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,655,241 times
I don't know anything about Lakeshore Ranch. I do know more about Seven Oaks. The people I know who live or have lived there LOVE IT! They have all kinds of activities for kids, the pool has nice sprinklers for the little kids. The negative about Seven Oaks, is the traffic outside of the community. You have Sams Club, Shops at Wiregrass (new mall), other small strip malls, etc. There is suppose to be another HUGE mall that has been trying to be built for many years. It is just a few miles from Seven Oaks. It is suppose to be the largest outdoor mall in Florida. I don't know if it will ever be built, but just to be aware of the possibility. There have been delays because of the environmental impact it would have to the area.

The homes have maintained some of its price. They have lost some value, but not like other communities. Many of the sections have mini playgrounds that the neighborhood kids go and play. I don't know about the elementary or middle schools, but thinking way ahead, Seven Oaks kids go to the newly built Wiregrass High School. Lakeshore kids, I imagine they would go to Land O Lakes High School. LOL High School is supposedly the best high school in Pasco County and they have an IB program.

I would also advise to be careful about buying a KB Homes house in Seven Oaks. They are not well built. They are the cheapest homes in Seven Oaks.

I hope what little knowledge I have has been helpful. Have you looked into Wilderness Lake Preserve? That is really nice too. It is right across the street from LOL High School and right next door to THE BEST PEDIATRICIAN! I drive 45 minutes to take my kids to him (Dr. Hoyos).

Good luck!

Last edited by annaegel; 10-30-2010 at 02:34 PM..

Old 04-16-2012, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 5,386 times
Default Lakeshore ranch

We have owned in Lakeshore Ranch for the past year, and find that the decision was correct. Our experience has been very good. The guarded gate ensure security, the common areas are maintained in a first class condition, and the community prides itself in being "a cut above." It is only a mile to both a Public Supermarket and a Wallgreens Drug Store, as well as a Subway and sit-down type restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampRat621 View Post
Narrowing down my home search
Moving from NY
Couple in 40's with 2 year old.
Was wondering if I could get opinions from anyone familiar with these 2 communities:
Lakeshore Ranch in Land O' Lakes
and
Seven Oaks in Wesley Chapel
How do the communities stack up vs each other?
Homes?
Residents?
Schools?
Clubhouses/Pools/Playgrounds....etc..?
Location for nearby shopping/restaurants/Drs?
Crime?
Anyone living in either community, any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Old 04-16-2012, 05:51 PM

2 posts, read 5,386 times
In answer to your questions, there are about 80 homes here with another 240 vacant lots. There is a first class clubhouse with three outdoor pools, two for adults and one for children. Shopping is a mile away. Crime is unheard of since we have a 24 hour guard on duty who circles in a vehicle as well as manning the front gate. It is also close to clothing optiional resorts, if you are into nudism.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:56 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,041 times
They are both equally cookie cutter and I wouldnt live either place...

Old 04-16-2012, 08:19 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
My good friend and her dad live in Lakeshore Ranch...they are from Staten Island N.Y.,they seem to love it! After S.I. cookie-cutter is fine by them!!

Old 04-17-2012, 02:41 PM

41 posts, read 54,251 times
My brother and his wife moved to Lakeshore Ranch in October and are very happy.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,626 times
Default Lake Shore Ranch in Land O Lake, FL

We are considering to buy a house in Lake **** Ranch. the house built by either William Ryan or Home Dynamics. has anyone opinion about the quality of homes built by them at Lake Shore?
If you are living there, how satisfied you are with security, HOA services and club house?
Are home prices steady or going up?
Any help will be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay