Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 07:26 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,667 times

Advertisements

54th Avenue North is nice within St. Pete. Once you leave the city limits and head into Lealman, it gets a little dumpier in parts. Kenneth City is an almost an island within Lealman and the KCPD enforces the speed limit on their part of 54th Avenue (as well as the northbound lane of 66th Street; the southbound lane is policed by the county) very vigorously, since there aren't many revenue sources in KC. 54th eventually terminates at Park Street up against Cross Bayou.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 05:36 AM

27,167 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
You can rent a two bedroom condo/duplex in Indian Rocks Beach within the $1000-$1300 range pretty readily. You can purchase a 2 bedroom condo starting at around $120K, with an average around the $160K-$170 mark. Single family homes are much more expensive and you won't see much of a selection until you reach the $400K mark. If you move your search to the mainland just a few minutes from the beach ( the west side of Largo for example) you'll see nice single family homes in the $250K range. Rents there also drop off, around the $800 range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbillyx View Post
That's the rough area that's been suggested to me. How is the west side of Largo, near Indian Rocks Beach? I've heard some things about Largo I'd want to avoid (drug dealers, more industrial, older than other parts).
The west side of Largo is not rough and that's the area that I was in fact suggesting. I don't recall finding rough areas of Largo in my travels though I'm sure they exist. Perhaps the central section since I didn't spend anytime there. I did see some unattractive areas on the northeast side near US19 but it didn't strike me as dangerous.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:00 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwanderer View Post
Thanks to both of you for replying.

Yes, I'm aware of what Florida is like, guess we'll just have to search for those Mom and Pop places.

As for downtown Dunedin--did the Street View of Casa Tina, and wow, not much, is it?

We'll have to wait until we're "on the ground" as it were, next month.
Don't judge a book by its cover. Casa Tina, Cafe al Fresco, Molly Goodheads, Bon Appetit, The Living Room, Kelly's Chick-a-Boom Room, and Ozona Blue are a few of the favorites we've discovered in less than three months.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:28 PM

436 posts, read 1,120,546 times
Quote:
The west side of Largo is not rough and that's the area that I was in fact suggesting. I don't recall finding rough areas of Largo in my travels though I'm sure they exist. Perhaps the central section since I didn't spend anytime there. I did see some unattractive areas on the northeast side near US19 but it didn't strike me as dangerous.
Sorry for the confusion. I meant "general" when I said "rough," as in the general area.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:45 AM

37 posts, read 101,991 times
Just wanted to say that there is a Whole Foods store in Tampa on N Dale Mabry, right off 275, by the airport:

Map & Directions | WholeFoodsMarket.com (http://wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/store-locations/?storeabbr=TPA - broken link)

Old 11-15-2010, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbillyx View Post
Sorry for the confusion. I meant "general" when I said "rough," as in the general area.
No problem. I just wanted to clarify that Largo overall isn't "rough". There are some rough areas as with most towns of any size, but all in all it's fine. I would once again highly recommend the far west side if beach accessibility is important to you. Not only do you get location, you also see much lower home prices and non-mandatory hurricane evacuation, as well as some of the highest elevations in the county.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOES2 View Post
Just wanted to say that there is a Whole Foods store in Tampa on N Dale Mabry, right off 275, by the airport:

Map & Directions | WholeFoodsMarket.com (http://wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/store-locations/?storeabbr=TPA - broken link)
Speaking of confusion, I completely missed mention of grocery stores in the thread.

However, just to elaborate as much as I like Whole Foods I find that's kind of far to schlep for quality groceries. I've discovered a nice similarity at Fresh Market, which has a store in both Clearwater and St Pete (brand new). I also like Nature's Food Patch in Clearwater which is an independent, but looks very much like a Whole Foods.

Nature's Food Patch
The Fresh Market, A Fine Neighborhood Specialty Grocer

Old 11-15-2010, 07:20 AM

436 posts, read 1,120,546 times
Quote:
Speaking of confusion, I completely missed mention of grocery stores in the thread.

However, just to elaborate as much as I like Whole Foods I find that's kind of far to schlep for quality groceries. I've discovered a nice similarity at Fresh Market, which has a store in both Clearwater and St Pete (brand new). I also like Nature's Food Patch in Clearwater which is an independent, but looks very much like a Whole Foods.

Nature's Food Patch
I've heard good things about Nature's Food Patch. That wouldn't be too far.

What would the commute from far west Largo to DT Tampa be like?

Old 11-15-2010, 07:59 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
If you want fresh locally grown produce you might give the Wagon Wheel Flea Market a try. Been a while since i've been there but its a lot closer than Tampa, if memory serves its on Park ave and 70ish st in Pinellas park and open weekends....

Old 11-15-2010, 08:37 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If you want fresh locally grown produce you might give the Wagon Wheel Flea Market a try. Been a while since i've been there but its a lot closer than Tampa, if memory serves its on Park ave and 70ish st in Pinellas park and open weekends....

Yep, Park Boulevard. Just west of the Belcher/71st light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay