U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 07-06-2007, 10:50 AM

2 posts, read 3,805 times
Default Elmentary schools in Palm Harbor area

We are moving from Largo Fl to Palm Harbor Fl, my children will be in 2nd grade and kindergarten. I would love some input on the schools in Palm Harbor, Dunedin area. Here are a few we are considering: Lake St George, Dunedin, Curlew Creek. Thanks for any and all input!
Kanaza
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-08-2007, 12:52 PM

169 posts, read 714,112 times
Let me put my vote in for Brooker Creek Elem. My now 2nd grader had Ms. Hoffer and although she's a little Kookie - she's an absolute gem!

A number of my mommy friends send their children to Cypress Woods and they love it there for a variety of reasons (something about a full time nurse on staff last I heard).

As for Elementary Schools in Palm Harbor you really can't go wrong. Start saving for Middle School however. There's no way I would send my older daughter to Tarpon Springs Middle and we put her in private for those three years.

If you're thinking long term - high school - than live in the area where your children will get Palm Harbor Middle School and Palm Harbor High School. The west side of US 19 - even though there's school choice distance from the school matters!

You want to consider Palm Harbor University High School. It's an amazing school but if your child doesn't get into the specialized programs (IB and the medical specialities) then you must live in the region to get your child into the traditional program - they have too many kids apply for the traditional program. Just a thought.

Carwise Middle School is fine.

Good luck!

Unread 07-12-2007, 10:46 PM

7 posts, read 15,900 times
Default elem. schools

curlew creek great school but teacher stuck ups on kids with learning problem most tell parent to place child in private classes. forest lake great school over all. brooker creek great , cypress wood older and over crowed but still good. but if you are looking for a great private school with daily living and sewing and more new horizing on belcher and nebraka great school small rooms and great teachers. any child with handicaps watch what school your in. brook creek and forest lake best in area for that. but know you iep schools with not give serives unless you know your facts and right behing the hinding of and iep. middles schools carlaw don't go to high school teacher hate kids from there seem to be behind in high levels, tarpon middle no , palm harbor middle ok high school east lake , palm harbor or gibbs high in art or dances beside that other ok. but gangs in all schools, coutryside and tarpon the worst of all.

Unread 07-20-2007, 09:44 PM

2 posts, read 3,805 times
Thanks for the replies. We got them into Forest Lakes.

Kristin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay