U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-07-2010, 03:29 PM

11 posts, read 14,046 times
Default Best place in Tampa area for families?

I've been trying to figure out where I should move in the tampa, st pete, clearwater area. I have 2 kids and I want to live in a low crime area, close to the beach if possible. I plan on renting and have seen nice looking places for around $800 in all three areas. I was looking at st pete, but there seeems to be a lot of crime there. I work at walmart so I can just transfer down there and my wife is getting a degree in pharmacy and wants to work in a hospital. My grandpa stays in Bonita Spring in the winter, which is 2 hours south. And Orlando is 2 hours east, so it seems like a nice central location with lots of things to do. If anyone has a recommendation for apartments to check out that would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 06:35 AM

12,167 posts, read 11,862,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoZ28 View Post
I've been trying to figure out where I should move in the tampa, st pete, clearwater area. I have 2 kids and I want to live in a low crime area, close to the beach if possible. I plan on renting and have seen nice looking places for around $800 in all three areas. I was looking at st pete, but there seeems to be a lot of crime there. I work at walmart so I can just transfer down there and my wife is getting a degree in pharmacy and wants to work in a hospital. My grandpa stays in Bonita Spring in the winter, which is 2 hours south. And Orlando is 2 hours east, so it seems like a nice central location with lots of things to do. If anyone has a recommendation for apartments to check out that would be great!
Not all of St Petersburg is high crime. The Northeast, Northwest and Southwest side (to a lesser extent) are relatively safe. With children however it would be best to live in an area with the best schools possible, which are almost always safe areas to live in. I would recommend looking at the Oldsmar/Palm Harbor/Tarpon Springs/Northeast Clearwater area. The schools are the best in the area, very safe and within 30 minutes or less of the beaches. I sent you some apartment information via direct mail.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:41 AM

413 posts, read 540,761 times
The best schools in the area are northern Pinellas County (Palm Harbor, Tarpon Springs, Oldsmar), however, given your price range I would recommend parts of Largo or Seminole. You will have more options as far as rentals but the schools aren't as bad as say, St. Petersburg.

Good luck!

Old 11-08-2010, 12:19 PM

11 posts, read 14,046 times
Ok thanks for the replies! I found a 3 bedroom in Tarpon Springs for $775 that looks nice. They have a playground, pool, fitness center, and a free after school program. Plus it's gated.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:16 PM

3 posts, read 2,306 times
could ,would you possibly send these apts to me? many thanks!

Old 04-01-2011, 05:15 PM

104 posts, read 148,579 times
Quote:
Ok thanks for the replies! I found a 3 bedroom in Tarpon Springs for $775 that looks nice. They have a playground, pool, fitness center, and a free after school program. Plus it's gated.
<sigh>

A three bedroom for $775... I miss Florida.

I'm paying $4,500 for a 3 bedroom in NYC.

BTW, have you checked out Safety Harbor?

Old 04-02-2011, 08:21 AM

413 posts, read 540,761 times
Quote:
Be careful, the free after school program locations are income based apartments. They are nice but not always in a good school zone or populated with the best people.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:40 PM

956 posts, read 1,313,802 times
Seminole school district well worth looking at - close proximity to beaches is a big deal. Schools are good, areas are very safe and relatively low crime. Good access to north/south/East, as it's kind of mid county, but near to water. Most of area is not in flood zone either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay