Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 07:29 PM

2 posts, read 7,870 times

Advertisements

l live temple terrace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 11:57 AM

477 posts, read 736,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamehameha View Post
Ok good to know. It looks like the houses in Temple Terrace are older with no new builds. Is that correct?
I don’t know which part of temple terrace you are planning to rent. But there are new houses (built within last 4/5 years) in our community – Hidden Oaks Phase II
This is right next to Goddard school, behind Arbors apt (don’t remember what they call these now), back door to Preserve apt and walkable distance to Telecom pkway (Verizon tech center)
Offcourse right off I-75 on Fletcher ave.

Moderator cut: send a DM

Last edited by Keeper; 01-05-2011 at 05:59 AM..

Old 06-18-2011, 04:55 PM

134 posts, read 522,666 times
Default Area near Temple Terrace

I live in New Tampa, just moved back after 7 years in NC. My kids will be going to a Lutheran School in Temple Terrace off of Druid Hills. Anyway, New Tampa is not too far of a commute. I live in Live Oak off of Bruce B. Downs and it is about 12 miles door to door and about a 20 minute to 30 minute drive depending on traffic.

P.S. I would check each house for sex offenders...type in the address before you rent or buy on www.familywatchdog.org or com and it will bring it up. There are sex offenders in every state, but Florida tends to have more...not sure why. Mabye there are just more people here or houses are in closer together. Whatever the case, protect your kids and double check. WE found great deals on houses only to find out a sex offender was 3 doors down. Even in the best of neighborhoods you would be surprised what you find!

Old 07-11-2011, 02:52 PM

40 posts, read 170,656 times
Just to update this thread- we moved to Lakewood Ranch on the Sarasota/ Bradenton border and I do the commute. Takes about 45-60 mins depending on the traffic so definitely doable. Not fun but worth living where we want which is Sarasota.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:06 PM

181 posts, read 356,854 times
I have heard great things about Lakewood Ranch from friends there. If you want to be closer to family and nicer beaches that might be the way to go. I commuted from Temple Terrace to Sarasota for a year and a half a 45 min commute... but I worked a 4 tens.. so that helped a little.

I now live in Apollo Beach and there is a lot of new development off of Big Bend and one exit north and south that are great for families and very affordable, finding a 4 bedroom with a pool wouldn't be hard at all... and it'd be in a new house. My commute from Apollo Beach to Fowler (USF) is 30 minutes.
Nieghborhoods would be Summerfield, Covington Park, South Fork

I agree that TT is very nice in parts. I went to school at CORLS (the Luthernan School Spooly08 talked about). Stay East of 56th, the area doesn't get shady at all until you get to 40th street. There are great homes along the river and scattered throughout the golf course. There is also a subdivision called

Old 07-11-2011, 03:20 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamehameha View Post
Just to update this thread- we moved to Lakewood Ranch on the Sarasota/ Bradenton border and I do the commute. Takes about 45-60 mins depending on the traffic so definitely doable. Not fun but worth living where we want which is Sarasota.
Thanks for the update. Sarasota is a great place to live. My husband thinks it's worth the commute for his job to downtown Tampa also, although we live near the airport not LWR.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:58 PM

I got cut off.. .but the subdivision on Fowler is Raintree... and I made a mistake it was a 45 min commute from Apollo Beach to Sarasota ... it was an hour from Temple Terrace to Sarasota.

As far as beaches go, and working in TT, I would look for something off of Bradenton Blvd. It goes straight out to Anna Maria Island with beautiful beaches and crosses I-75... not a bad 35-40 minute commute north to TT.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:32 AM

7 posts, read 9,844 times
I do not mean to hijack this thread but I'm moving to Tampa in a week for a job in Temple Terrace. I've been looking online for some tips on finding a nice apartment in that area or any area within a short driving distance from TT. Most of the apartments I found in the area have bad reviews on apartmentratings .com. I'm looking at the New Tampa area however I read the traffic is bad.

What areas or neighborhoods would you recommend for a 24 year old male. I'm not into partying and such, I'm just looking for a safe, mixed neighborhood with moderately priced apartments 700ish. Thanks!

Old 07-17-2011, 09:26 PM

Yes, many apts are older and/or full of college students you may have a really nice new place next to a very run down place. Park Avenue is nice and affordable and in the area you're looking (50th st). Cambridge Woods was nice too (townhomes off of 42nd, but many college students). There are also some that are newer (less than 10yrs) off of Bush Blvd East of 56th.. Doral Oaks than have some pleasing architecture on the inside (angles, nooks, and stuff) but it's a good 10 min from USF. I also had coworkers who lived at Carlton Arms and loved it so much they commuted an hour to Sarasota to work. I think just about every apt had a waterfront view and wasn't any more expensive than other apts although they are a litttle older.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:25 PM

7 posts, read 9,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMor2Day View Post
Yes, many apts are older and/or full of college students you may have a really nice new place next to a very run down place. Park Avenue is nice and affordable and in the area you're looking (50th st). Cambridge Woods was nice too (townhomes off of 42nd, but many college students). There are also some that are newer (less than 10yrs) off of Bush Blvd East of 56th.. Doral Oaks than have some pleasing architecture on the inside (angles, nooks, and stuff) but it's a good 10 min from USF. I also had coworkers who lived at Carlton Arms and loved it so much they commuted an hour to Sarasota to work. I think just about every apt had a waterfront view and wasn't any more expensive than other apts although they are a litttle older.
Thank you so much for this post. It is very helpful..it gives me some good start in my search. I will be flying in tomorrow to see the area and work on the apartments on my shortlist. I like Doral Oaks already . Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay