Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 03:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,745 times

Advertisements

I'm considering a move to the Tampa area. I could transfer through my current employer which is located in the 33605 zip in the area of Adamo Dr and N. 50th st. Could anyone recommend some safe neighborhoods. I tried researching this and it appears there are quite a few "Bad" areas around there. I'm married, no children, mid 40's. Looking to initially rent, preferably a single home, but realize I may need start with an apartment Thanks for any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 05:37 AM

27,196 posts, read 43,896,295 times
East Tampa isn't the nicest area. The easiest commute to a better neighborhood would be a city neighborhood to the west versus a suburban location to the east, as you would be caught up in the masses of traffic headed toward Brandon to the east or the northern 'burbs at the end of the day, and vice versa in the morning. Commuting to/from the west would place you against the flow of traffic. Not knowing your rental budget, I'd recommend the Seminole Heights neighborhood. The areas to the west of I-275/Florida Ave are best. Nicely restored two bedroom bungalows rent in the $800-$900 per month range.

Seminole Heights, Tampa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-24-2010, 07:19 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
East Tampa isn't the nicest area. The easiest commute to a better neighborhood would be a city neighborhood to the west versus a suburban location to the east, as you would be caught up in the masses of traffic headed toward Brandon to the east or the northern 'burbs at the end of the day, and vice versa in the morning. Commuting to/from the west would place you against the flow of traffic. Not knowing your rental budget, I'd recommend the Seminole Heights neighborhood. The areas to the west of I-275/Florida Ave are best. Nicely restored two bedroom bungalows rent in the $800-$900 per month range.

Seminole Heights, Tampa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Good advice - ^^ - I would second the recommendation.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:24 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
Very Bad neighborhoods full of crime and drugs and if you live in that area guaranteed you will get broke into or your yard will be raided and they will even steal your bbq !!! yes my friend I said bbq grill . I lived in that area for 6 months right off of MLK blvd and yes they stole my bbq grill and my lawn mower that I accidently left out the night before . Like i said that area is full of crime and grime. look elsewhere maybe brandon or seffner . Good luck to you .

Old 11-24-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Very Bad neighborhoods full of crime and drugs and if you live in that area guaranteed you will get broke into or your yard will be raided and they will even steal your bbq !!! yes my friend I said bbq grill . I lived in that area for 6 months right off of MLK blvd and yes they stole my bbq grill and my lawn mower that I accidently left out the night before . Like i said that area is full of crime and grime. look elsewhere maybe brandon or seffner . Good luck to you .
Gasp! A stolen BBQ/Lawnmower?? Was the FBI notified?
Sorry for your poor experience but that doesn't speak to the area in general. I'm pretty sure that an area with an average household income of $48K, a projected 6% population growth rate over the next few years, where 50% of the population has a 4-year degree of higher, and is 70% owner occupied housing is probably not best described as an area "full of crime and grime". If one wants to isolate themselves from society, by all means a gated cookie-cutter community in Seffner/Brandon accessed via traffic clogged highways is probably the way to go.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:11 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Sorry for your poor experience but that doesn't speak to the area in general. I'm pretty sure that an area with an average household income of $48K, a projected 6% population growth rate over the next few years, where 50% of the population has a 4-year degree of higher, and is 70% owner occupied housing is probably not best described as an area "full of crime and grime". If one wants to isolate themselves from society, by all means a gated cookie-cutter community in Seffner/Brandon accessed via traffic clogged highways is probably the way to go.
heh - you couldn't PAY me to live in Brandon - ugh

Old 11-24-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
heh - you couldn't PAY me to live in Brandon - ugh
Ditto

Old 11-24-2010, 10:27 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,749,070 times
Quote:
I think she was talking about East Tampa, not Seminole heights.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:33 AM

2 posts, read 3,745 times
Thanks for all the advice. The seminole heights area looks like a good area to check out. My rental budget qwould be $1200 max. Thanks again!

Old 11-24-2010, 12:47 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
I think she was talking about East Tampa, not Seminole heights.
Yes I was talking about east Tampa because 50th St and Adamo are East Tampa not Seminole Heights . Thanks at least someone read the whole response .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay