Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 07:44 PM

17,455 posts, read 38,845,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I've gone to the Walmart nearest to the Westfield/Brandon mall and think that may be the worst maintained, ugliest Walmart in all their franchise. And the people there are the motliest ever - I think they're from the circus out of nearby Gibsonton. Is that the one where you saw Yogi? Or was it down Brandon BLVD closer to Valrico?
LOL - that really made me chuckle, since even the nicest Walmarts I've been in have been pretty grody...

Yogi must have been slummin' it that day...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 07:46 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,722,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
LOL - that really made me chuckle, since even the nicest Walmarts I've been in have been pretty grody...

LOL, If that was Yogi's first time in Brandon, I have a feeling he won't be visiting again.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:11 PM

158 posts, read 283,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
LOL, If that was Yogi's first time in Brandon, I have a feeling he won't be visiting again.
If I were Yogi I would not be shopping at Hollywood aka WalMart and if by chance I decided I did need something from there I would send someone for me. Actually I may go there just for a pure freak show.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:49 AM

58 posts, read 245,021 times
Interesting. I have been to worse Walmarts than the one in Brandon. I have yet to see why this Brandon one is getting so much hate...I go there almost every week for my shopping.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie75 View Post
Interesting. I have been to worse Walmarts than the one in Brandon. I have yet to see why this Brandon one is getting so much hate...I go there almost every week for my shopping.
It is a modern, clean, and well kept Walmart with far less grungy looking people than most I have been to. But it is, after all, a Walmart. The management is horrible, and no matter if there are 2 or 200 people in that place, it will always take me at least 15-20 mins to get through the damn line there .

Old 11-27-2010, 03:22 AM

16,284 posts, read 42,968,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
As much as I hate going to Walmart, I was dragged there tonight for some last minute thanksgiving items. But I did see something interesting, an very elderly looking man wearing authentic Yankees gear that looked an awful lot like Yogi Berra. He was talking to some people and standing with a man that looked like some kind of body guard. I took a good long look at him, but wasn't sure. When I got home I took another look of some images on Google of Yogi Berra and the resemblance was very clear. Could I have just seen Yogi Berra, a hall of fame baseball player and manager in a Walmart in Brandon?
I seriously doubt he'd wear his NY uniforn to Wal-Mart.

Sounds like a guy who just looks like him, who gets a kick out of wearing the uniform.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I seriously doubt he'd wear his NY uniforn to Wal-Mart.

Sounds like a guy who just looks like him, who gets a kick out of wearing the uniform.
It wasn't a uniform, it was just a really nice hat and jacket. With his kind of face, It's more of a stretch for me to believe anyone actually looks like him, who also just happens to have a body guard

Old 11-28-2010, 09:19 PM

156 posts, read 483,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post

Ha ha...can't stop laughing about using the word "nice" and "Walmart" in the same sentence

Sadly...got to say that I agree. I don't shop there if I can avoid it (usually I can) but have been dragged into them several times. I always feel claustrophobic in their stores...I feel like there is just crap shoved everywhere.

Sounds like the OP really did see Yogi though. He IS a unique looking dude, that is for sure.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:07 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,293,556 times
okay- I hate wal mart and will not set foot in that place... anymore. but a couple of things...

While the Brandon wal mart is not great, it IS NOT WORSE than the one on Dale Mabry. That is ONE OF the worst I have ever seen- not to mention thugs hanging out in the parking lot, which is eerily dark.

Unless you have been to a Wal Mart in Texas, Arkansas, or some small town in GA, you haven't seen the worst of the worst. Dont believe me? Funny Pictures at WalMart

Old 11-29-2010, 01:46 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,221,189 times
can't give you more reps - but thanks for sharing that site......too funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay