Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 07:43 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,850,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan1983 View Post
So you mean that because of the traffic and the two roundabouts. It is the problem with clearwater beach?

About the rest, it is your oppinion.

How do you think that treasure island and st pete should develop?
What do I think is wrong with Clearwater Beach? Let me list them for you.

1. Traffic. Sitting and inching my way to the beach is not my idea of "a day at the beach". By the time you can get to the beach, you are tired and just want to go home.

2. Buildings EVERYWHERE. I am surprised they don't have buildings out in the gulf for people to swim to. Of course they may have that now. I stopped going to CB, so it may have gotten worse with the buildings.

3. Crowds. So many people that if you want to just sit an relax, it feels like you will be stepped on.

4. Nature has been stripped away. It feels like there is nothing natural left at that beach. It is to the point that even the sand and water look like they have been shipped in. It all feels as natural as Disney World.

5. Did I mention the buildings?

I could go on, but those are my biggest complaints about Clearwater Beach. It looks like all of the things I hate about that beach are all of the things that you like in a beach. Since you have Clearwater Beach to go to that has all of the things you want, why can't you just leave the good beaches alone for those of us that enjoy a more natural beach.

I am starting to think that I need a private island with nothing on it. That would be perfect. Not one thing man made on the island. Ahhhh. That sounds fantastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 07:53 AM

463 posts, read 1,052,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
What do I think is wrong with Clearwater Beach? Let me list them for you.

1. Traffic. Sitting and inching my way to the beach is not my idea of "a day at the beach". By the time you can get to the beach, you are tired and just want to go home.

2. Buildings EVERYWHERE. I am surprised they don't have buildings out in the gulf for people to swim to. Of course they may have that now. I stopped going to CB, so it may have gotten worse with the buildings.

3. Crowds. So many people that if you want to just sit an relax, it feels like you will be stepped on.

4. Nature has been stripped away. It feels like there is nothing natural left at that beach. It is to the point that even the sand and water look like they have been shipped in. It all feels as natural as Disney World.

5. Did I mention the buildings?

I could go on, but those are my biggest complaints about Clearwater Beach. It looks like all of the things I hate about that beach are all of the things that you like in a beach. Since you have Clearwater Beach to go to that has all of the things you want, why can't you just leave the good beaches alone for those of us that enjoy a more natural beach.

I am starting to think that I need a private island with nothing on it. That would be perfect. Not one thing man made on the island. Ahhhh. That sounds fantastic.

I don't know about the water, but sand looks like it's been brought to the beach from some other place. If you walk about quarter of the mile north of the pier, the sand changes from while quartz like sand to more natural grey-redish sand that has lots of shells in it, you know the one that is in treasure island and along the shores in indian beach village and all the way south to probbaly St. Pete Beach (i've been north of it and same type of sand).
However i think it's good for the toursits who can walk to the beach right from their hotels, but i will stay away from there.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:08 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan1983 View Post
So you mean that because of the traffic and the two roundabouts. It is the problem with clearwater beach?

About the rest, it is your oppinion.

How do you think that treasure island and st pete should develop?
No, of course traffic and that one main roundabout aren't Clearwater Beach's main problems. We've listed them--over the course of a few months now--and you just won't listen and instead post more pictures of Miami Beach.

I don't know how Treasure Island and St. Pete Beach should develop. Yes, it would be nice to see their respective downtowns become more lively, but turning it into a playground for the ultra-rich and building Baywalk-like shopping centers (which you have suggested in the past) aren't the answers.

The Pinellas beaches are built out. You can't widen Gulf Boulevard anymore, nor can you build new roads or freeways to bypass Gulf or connect to the beach. Large-scale developements will bring hundreds, if not thousands of more tourists and will only exacerbate the area's infrastructure woes.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:56 AM

269 posts, read 607,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
No, of course traffic and that one main roundabout aren't Clearwater Beach's main problems. We've listed them--over the course of a few months now--and you just won't listen and instead post more pictures of Miami Beach.

I don't know how Treasure Island and St. Pete Beach should develop. Yes, it would be nice to see their respective downtowns become more lively, but turning it into a playground for the ultra-rich and building Baywalk-like shopping centers (which you have suggested in the past) aren't the answers.

The Pinellas beaches are built out. You can't widen Gulf Boulevard anymore, nor can you build new roads or freeways to bypass Gulf or connect to the beach. Large-scale developements will bring hundreds, if not thousands of more tourists and will only exacerbate the area's infrastructure woes.
I think that the baywalk COULD be a smash hit. But it was built in the wrong time and purhaps in the wrong place.
I am not in favor in getting a new pier and removing the current, i think it looks nice. But if the baywalk were built with a view of the water or something like that, i think it would have been more visited
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay