Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 09:00 AM

137 posts, read 744,341 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I will be visiting the Tampa area late February. I saw several properties online that I would like to visit.

One of the properties says its an "exclusive" listing with a particular agent. I emailed the agent twice, and got no response from him.

Clearly he is NOT someone I will persue to do business with.

My question is....can any agent show me anothers "exclusive" listing?

Thanks in advance
Dee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 09:43 AM

24 posts, read 149,029 times
Default Realtors

Any realtor can show you another realtor's listing. I highly recommend Mike & Tina Roberts with Keller Williams as we have had such a wonderful experience with them. They are knowledgeable about the area and they call back and follow up immediately. They are not only excellent realtors, but fine people as well. Good Luck!

Old 12-04-2007, 10:55 AM

6 posts, read 39,120 times
A little off topic, but I would highly recommend looking again at listings after the holidays are done. Generally, only a few days notice is needed about which properties you'd like to look at. (My realtor does all the calls the day before!) I expect a lot of activity on the markets on both sides, since the holidays usually exhibit a stabilizing effect from people not wanting to deal with moving. Even the banks are more lenient this time of year.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:09 AM

57 posts, read 196,792 times
We generally like to give at least 24 hours notice, especially for homes that are still occupied by the owners. Regarding not hearing back from the Realtor, well that is unacceptable considering the market that we are in. It takes two seconds to reply to an email.

Lastly any Realtor can show you those properties.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:32 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,098,829 times
Of course. I think you can even buy it through another realtor if you want. Of course the original listing agent won't be happy having to split the cost.

I recently bought some land in another state and bought it through a realtor who helped me above and beyond finding what i wanted. She got half the listing agents profits in return of making the sale.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:48 PM

104 posts, read 366,575 times
The answer is yes, it usually just requires your Realtor to schedule an appointment. You may be better off having a different Realtor represent you and your interests, as well as it may give you more options to explore.

Steve Armstrong

Old 12-04-2007, 04:27 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
Default Ditto!

Echo the responses! There are two types of Exclusive listings in Florida, and you are probably seeing an Exclusive Right to Sell which any Realtor can show you. Please keep in mind that all agents are not Realtors, and the listing agent is working for the seller.

I would suggest you interview and hire a buyer broker familiar with the area where the properties are located. Someone posted a comprehensive list of questions on the Real Estate Professional's Forum. You can probably do search on Buyer Broker and get the list.

Finally, sorry about the listing agent's failure to respond. Not all of us are like that. But as with any other service profession, the bad ones give the entire industry bad marks.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:40 PM

Default light bulb moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Please keep in mind that all agents are not Realtors, and the listing agent is working for the seller.
Thanks for reminding me of that...for some reason I forgot that key piece of information!

Can you please explain to me the difference between a Realtor and an agent?

Thanks

Old 12-05-2007, 08:02 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
Default Realtor vs Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
Thanks for reminding me of that...for some reason I forgot that key piece of information!

Can you please explain to me the difference between a Realtor and an agent?

Thanks
In an attempt to avoid ad nauseum...

A real estate agent is licensed by the state to sell real estate. He or she has met the minimum state requirements.

A Realtor is a real estate agent who is a member of the National Association of Realtors. In joining NAR, the Realtor agrees to abide by a code of ethics which includes additional duties to clients, customers, other agents, and the general public. Regular training on the code is required and it's strictly enforced. Here's the entire code: NAR: Real Estate Resources: 2007 Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice

I'm not saying that one is better than the other (there are good and bad people in both), but the Realtor has agreed to be held accountable to the higher level of standards.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Sorry that youve answered this before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
In an attempt to avoid ad nauseum...

A real estate agent is licensed by the state to sell real estate. He or she has met the minimum state requirements.

A Realtor is a real estate agent who is a member of the National Association of Realtors. In joining NAR, the Realtor agrees to abide by a code of ethics which includes additional duties to clients, customers, other agents, and the general public. Regular training on the code is required and it's strictly enforced. Here's the entire code: NAR: Real Estate Resources: 2007 Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice

I'm not saying that one is better than the other (there are good and bad people in both), but the Realtor has agreed to be held accountable to the higher level of standards.
But...thank you for answering it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay