Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 05:33 PM

158 posts, read 284,271 times

Advertisements

You all are BAD! Why do you have to give ALGAE such a hard time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 07:13 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Imagine what this board would be like if everyone asking valid questions would be told over and over that "Tampa is great in every way"! You'd have riots once ppl come here based on THAT!
For this reason I would like to hear both sides.

After living in few continents I can understand where you are coming from. It's always natural to compare with the places we have been. It's like saying always the old school is better and so on. People never want to give up what they passed or had compared to what's NOW. But we need to put things in perspective: Tampa ain't NYC or DC or even San Fran.

But I also think most people that come here asking about Tampa have already decided and often times what they are asking is not what they need to hear but what they want to hear. Confirmation of their decisions! Too bad!

Old 12-17-2010, 07:31 PM

427 posts, read 1,093,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
I see something different when I look at those pics. In the First, I see freedom. In the second, I see being trapped. Personal preference.
I'd rather see some offshore oil rigs in the first picture. At least then there would be some action.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:39 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,749,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_sfl View Post
I'd rather see some offshore oil rigs in the first picture. At least then there would be some action.
Action as in explosions and oil spills?

Old 12-18-2010, 12:11 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,308,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
For this reason I would like to hear both sides.

After living in few continents I can understand where you are coming from. It's always natural to compare with the places we have been. It's like saying always the old school is better and so on. People never want to give up what they passed or had compared to what's NOW. But we need to put things in perspective: Tampa ain't NYC or DC or even San Fran.

But I also think most people that come here asking about Tampa have already decided and often times what they are asking is not what they need to hear but what they want to hear. Confirmation of their decisions! Too bad!
but some peoples sides are opinion based, and that opinion is formed while living 40 minutes outside of tampa, and then not substantiated with any factual information. for example... algia once said downtown tampa is dilapidated, which CANNOT be further from the truth. Tampa has one of the cleaner downtowns i have ever seen.

If you were an outsider thinking of moving to tampa, is it fair to you that someone who supposedly lives in tampa tells you it is dilapidated when it is a downright lie? no it is not. Nobody is picking on algia, well maybe a little bit from time to time, but a lot of what i have done in the past, like refuting what is being said with facts and references is done partially to provide real information, and YES, partially to discredit algia, because she can definitely give people the wrong impression of tampa with nothing to substantiate it. I actually like algia, just dont like the way she responds to peoples inquires about Tampa. Like the humidity thing brought up a few posts ago.... Tampa is far from the worst in the country when it comes to humidity. Try living in the northwest, like Washington and Oregon... it puts Tampas humidity to shame.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:17 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
but some peoples sides are opinion based, and that opinion is formed while living 40 minutes outside of tampa, and then not substantiated with any factual information. for example... algia once said downtown tampa is dilapidated, which CANNOT be further from the truth. Tampa has one of the cleaner downtowns i have ever seen.

If you were an outsider thinking of moving to tampa, is it fair to you that someone who supposedly lives in tampa tells you it is dilapidated when it is a downright lie? no it is not. Nobody is picking on algia, well maybe a little bit from time to time, but a lot of what i have done in the past, like refuting what is being said with facts and references is done partially to provide real information, and YES, partially to discredit algia, because she can definitely give people the wrong impression of tampa with nothing to substantiate it. I actually like algia, just dont like the way she responds to peoples inquires about Tampa. Like the humidity thing brought up a few posts ago.... Tampa is far from the worst in the country when it comes to humidity. Try living in the northwest, like Washington and Oregon... it puts Tampas humidity to shame.
Craig,

Not that she needs my defense but you guys were shooting her down or so I thought. So far as to go to the definition of her name! It's OK to disagree with people. For the record I don't agree with half of what she says but that's OK.

And my comments are in no way directed to you. I know that you were giving her some good advice for her car problem for example.

Chill out everybody. Let's keep disagreeing if we want to but let's hear each other. All I am saying...

Old 12-18-2010, 05:32 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,300,717 times
So, here are some pics....of a Tampa Bus stop at Dale Mabry & Ehrlich, a HIGHLY popular area...and a few German ones...

A cow's tail.......this was by super Target up on Dale Mabry...

and now here's what you're also missing.....

Up north (NY, PA, IL etc) they pay more taxes, in Europe they pay more taxes, if we want valid public transit in Florida/Tampa we have to pay more taxes ...why? simple, who is going to pay for the gas that the buses are using? who will pay for their maintenance....? their drivers? none of the public transit available it PRIVATE, it belongs to the state of Florida...doesn't it? if you want to avoid taxing, make it all private....more taxes up north and in Europe and other countries means more benefits to the citizens, take Holland's health care as an example (google it) unfortunately people here just want to complain and pay insane amounts of money on health care and gas for their own cars....rather than contribute for the betterment of everyone! but you need a certain degree of understanding to GET that!

Anyway, Thanks Me In Dunedin...

Craig, I will get pics for you...

One of these days I have some stuff to do downtown and I will shower you with photos....you will NOT like what you will see, I am warning you ahead of time.
Attached Thumbnails
My little snapshot view of Tampa-imag0024.jpg   My little snapshot view of Tampa-mimg_01.jpg   My little snapshot view of Tampa-urban_bus.jpg   My little snapshot view of Tampa-imag0023.jpg  

Old 12-18-2010, 05:39 PM

Default Downtown Tampa

BTW, This is the photo I took of downtown about 2 years ago, it is copyrighted so don't get any ideas.....:
http://www.alexandragiamanco.com/Exteriors/AGPhotography-Exteriors%203.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-18-2010, 06:33 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
BTW, This is the photo I took of downtown about 2 years ago, it is copyrighted so don't get any ideas.....:
That is a beautiful picture...

Old 12-18-2010, 07:11 PM

Thank you, here's more from the beautiful side of things:

http://www.alexandragiamanco.com/Posted%20on%20CityData%20Board/_MG_6641.jpg (broken link)

http://www.alexandragiamanco.com/Posted%20on%20CityData%20Board/Wall%20Springs%20Park.jpg (broken link)

http://www.alexandragiamanco.com/Posted%20on%20CityData%20Board/IMG_6712.jpg (broken link)

http://www.alexandragiamanco.com/Posted%20on%20CityData%20Board/Tarpon_Springs.jpg (broken link)

http://www.alexandragiamanco.com/Posted%20on%20CityData%20Board/SunsetKeyPark.jpg (broken link)

http://www.alexandragiamanco.com/Posted%20on%20CityData%20Board/Honeymoon_Island.jpg (broken link)

http://www.alexandragiamanco.com/Posted%20on%20CityData%20Board/SpongeDocksTS.jpg (broken link)

View from Davis Islands:
http://www.alexandragiamanco.com/Posted%20on%20CityData%20Board/Davis_Island%20%2878%29.jpg (broken link)

View of the Bay from Davis Islands:
http://www.alexandragiamanco.com/Posted%20on%20CityData%20Board/Davis_Island%20%2877%29.jpg (broken link)

I have tons of these...I like "pretty" too....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
That is a beautiful picture...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay