Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:16 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,121,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumermarie View Post
I visited a SweetBay yesterday for the first time and thought of this thread. (Heh) I have to say I wasn't that impressed, it felt a little sterile to me in execution, the prices weren't bad but the overall feel just didn't do it for me. Then again, it could have been the location I was visiting.

I'm still sticking with Publix.
Sumermarie, that's exactly how I feel when I go into a Sweetbay. It just lacks "something."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 03:16 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Sumermarie, that's exactly how I feel when I go into a Sweetbay. It just lacks "something."
My first job was at a Kash N Karry, so those will always hold a special place in my heart. After they changed to Sweetbay I tried it a few times from loyalty, but I stopped going because of the "something" that was missing. They did a beautiful job remodeling the old stores and making them clean and fresh. Unfortunately, I think they also took away the homey feel I always got when walking in to a Kash N Karry. Even a brand new Publix has kind of a homey feel to it that makes you feel comfortable. None of that is left at Sweetbay. I felt like I was intruding and needed to leave. Maybe that is the same "something" that you think is lacking. It could all be in their paint color. Who knows.

That being said, I will drive past Publix, Sweetbay & Winn Dixie to do my grocery shopping at Walmart because I am cheap and they will match competitor prices.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:10 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
My first job was at a Kash N Karry, so those will always hold a special place in my heart. After they changed to Sweetbay I tried it a few times from loyalty, but I stopped going because of the "something" that was missing. They did a beautiful job remodeling the old stores and making them clean and fresh. Unfortunately, I think they also took away the homey feel I always got when walking in to a Kash N Karry. Even a brand new Publix has kind of a homey feel to it that makes you feel comfortable. None of that is left at Sweetbay. I felt like I was intruding and needed to leave. Maybe that is the same "something" that you think is lacking. It could all be in their paint color. Who knows.

That being said, I will drive past Publix, Sweetbay & Winn Dixie to do my grocery shopping at Walmart because I am cheap and they will match competitor prices.
LOL - that's funny! You know, I too, loved the old Kash n Karry, and it used to be my main store when we lived in a small town. When they changed over to Sweetbay, I thought the prices were much higher, and as you say, it just lacked something. So instead I drove many miles further to shop at the Publix.

These days, as mentioned earlier, I am more frugal and have MANY great shopping options where I live now, so it's ALDI and Super Target for me most of the time!

Old 02-08-2011, 09:57 PM

463 posts, read 1,048,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
When we lived in the Town N Country area we frequented the Walmart grocery store and loved it. I had forgotten about those, they are nicely laid out and have a wonderful "small market" feel to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay