Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 10:07 PM

25 posts, read 54,401 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Tampa in probably 4-6 weeks. I will be working (I hope I get these names right) off Veterans near 356 & Henderson. I am 35, Single female, no kids, no pets. I am hoping to find what place would have a reasonable commute (the less the better) to work, while living near other single young professionals. I am also interested in going back to school for MBA- but I haven't even started that research. Just trying to get a feel for what is the best places to look. Also, I am hoping for a 2 or 3 bedroom for $1200 or less per month. I will definitely be renting the first year or so. Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 06:11 AM

494 posts, read 1,675,407 times
You can peek at all the Post apartments in South Tampa (SOHO / Hyde Park areas), then Harbour Island (ParkCrest I think it is), Channelside (SeaPort). They all have different vibes so see which you like. There are also many other places in each area. The 3 bedroom for 1,200 might be a stretch in a nicer place, not sure really. Could probably get 2. Covered protected parking is nice as your call will get smoking hot in the summer outside and it can rain hard.

This is probably the most convenient for school The University of Tampa - Tampa, Florida - Majors, Minors, Graduate Degrees. You could also look at USF but it will be about 20 - 30 minute drive depending on traffic.

You can probably find something within walking if not bike distance to work around there.

Bring sunscreen!

Old 01-21-2011, 07:46 AM

463 posts, read 1,052,446 times
South Tampa will fit the bill. Look east of Dale Marby, south of Kenedy and north of Gandy. Commute will be minimal, places to run (bayshore trail), bars/pubs/restaurants on Howard and tons of young people around. 3bd for $1200 will be a big stretch, but you could get 2 fairly easy.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,307,759 times
You are looking for a 1 bedroom for that price where young professionals live. I am in a community that is mostly young professionals, everything from college students to Tampa Bay Bucs players (my friend almost hit Joe Gerardi in the parking garage when the Yankees were in town for spring training). The majority of people I would say are educated professionals making 50-100K a year. I pay almost $1200 for a 1 Bed / 1.5 Bath apartment, but the community is very nice with two pools, jacuzzi, parking garage, etc.

When you move to a community that will afford you the opportunity to have a 3 Bed for $1200, you are going to be living with people who stock shelves at wal-mart, or bus tables at chilis. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but they are in a different social circle. When I am at the pool on weekends, I like to mingle with like-minded individuals. The professionals are doing stuff with their lives, are more enjoyable to talk to, take care of their bodies, etc. (not shallow, just human- haha)

I would definately highly consider south tampa, although the communities are a little older, the people are a better, sometimes a little too pretentious (Note: The pretentious people in S Tampa are not the late 20s/early 30s professionals, it is the 22 year old waitresses and personal trainers living on credit cards).

You can also check out communities near me, which is a very short ride up veterans. I personally think this area is ideal for you. It is Kind of westshore-ish, I have been calling it International Plaza, because it is as far north as you can go on westshore, it runs into the best mall in town, and the airport, there is some great nightlife within walking distance (Bay Street @ INTL Plaza) but you are still 2-3 miles from the best nighlife in town (SoHo).

Check out:

Phillips International Drive Apartments for Rent in Tampa Florida: Home
Tampa Luxury Apartments | The Millennium Westshore Apartments Florida

Old 01-21-2011, 09:48 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
I have been calling it International Plaza, because it is as far north as you can go on westshore, it runs into the best mall in town, and the airport, there is some great nightlife within walking distance (Bay Street @ INTL Plaza) but you are still 2-3 miles from the best nighlife in town (SoHo).
The area surrounded by Spruce/Boy Scout, Trask, 275, and 60 is called the Westshore Business District, for what it's worth.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:42 AM

25 posts, read 54,401 times
Thanks so much for all the feedback! Much appreciated! I will be there next week and be sure to check out SoHo and Westshore among others. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay