Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:51 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times

Advertisements

Thie Gasparilla Children's Parade is tomorrow, January 23. The Pirate Invasion & parade are scheduled for January 30. Details of the festivities, maps and more at the following link --> Gasparilla Pirate Festival - Tampa, Florida. Aaarrrrgggghhhh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 02:09 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,378,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Thie Gasparilla Children's Parade is tomorrow, January 23. The Pirate Invasion & parade are scheduled for January 30. Details of the festivities, maps and more at the following link --> Gasparilla Pirate Festival - Tampa, Florida. Aaarrrrgggghhhh!
Looking forward to my 22nd year of Gasparilla!!

This link shows all that is involved in Tampa's Annual Event which last over two months.

http://www.ymkg.com/calendar_public.shtml

Old 01-26-2010, 07:07 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,630,802 times
I've lived here for many years and have never actually gone to Gasparilla although I think it is a really fun event and always enjoy the footage of the flotilla. This year we are in south Tampa and I thought it might be easier to brave the traffic and see the parade on Bayshore. Where is the parking at? Where is the least populated part of the parade route?

Old 01-26-2010, 07:50 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,378,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
I've lived here for many years and have never actually gone to Gasparilla although I think it is a really fun event and always enjoy the footage of the flotilla. This year we are in south Tampa and I thought it might be easier to brave the traffic and see the parade on Bayshore. Where is the parking at? Where is the least populated part of the parade route?
Parking in South Tampa is VERY difficult, unless you know someone and can park at thier place, you need to arrive early. People I know have parked at the hyde park Village garages, but they can fill up by noon. Drive down Bay to Bay Blvd, Swann Ave or Platt Streets towards Bayshore, churches, businesses and people open there lots/lawns, driveways to park..just get there by noonish. Or even better if you are in South Tampa, bike or take a taxi. You will want to get droipped off and walk around bayshore till you find a spot(if you want out of the crowds go to the 'water' side of Bayshore that is open to the public. The parade starts at bay to bay blvd and bayshore around 2pm.

Remember, this year they are not allowing ANY COOLERS at all and no OPEN CONTAINERS in the neighborhoods around Bayshore Blvd. Cant wait to see how they happen to enforce the no coolers on the parade route, some people get there at 11am and wait.....

Old 01-26-2010, 07:56 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,630,802 times
Thanks Tampaguy! Now I just have to talk my husband into it, hrm.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:22 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,302,847 times
I took the 19 bus to the parade from my home in South Tampa. It let me off right on Howard near Swann. Very convenient.

Yeah, good luck with the cooler ban. I'm sure that was the doing of the homeowners along Bayshore.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 AM

605 posts, read 1,054,390 times
We never tried to park in South Tampa - you'd be better off parking downtown then walking. I'll get a lift to my krewe's pre-parade meet up, then my husband will park at Channelside and walk to the parade route.

Love Gasparilla! I've got so many beads to throw this year. Can't wait!

Old 01-27-2010, 06:45 PM

6 posts, read 14,310 times
I have been reading the posts on this site for along time but just joined. I love your posts they are very helpful. After dreaming about it for 10 years my husband and I have decided we are not waiting for retirement and moving ourselves and our 7 & 11 year old boys down there. We live in Minnesota. After an exhaustive search, we came to the conclusion Trinity would be our best bet. I have a realtor down there but she doesn't have kids and hasn't been able to tell me about the schools or family activities. We came down this last weekend and spent some time talking to the locals and looking at houses. We need to look at some more neighborhoods, I would really like to hear what anyone thinks of The Village at Fox Hollow. We are looking to spend no more than 400K. Thanks for all your great info!

Old 01-28-2011, 12:29 AM

7 posts, read 39,413 times
Can I ask anyone who is familiar with the area how to get to the disabled parking section they have listed. It states that it is at the intersection of Brorein st and Tampa street. I tried to figure out a Mapquest to get there from Davenport, FL, but I bet all those streets are going to be closed early. Any suggestions from anyone who lives near there? My wife has a broken ankle, therefore is going to be sitting in the car or in an elctric 3 wheel scooter we rented for her to get around. Thank you! First time for Gasparilla and second year living in Florida. Can't wait to see the pirates! Tom

Old 01-28-2011, 06:59 AM

463 posts, read 1,052,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
Parking in South Tampa is VERY difficult, unless you know someone and can park at thier place, you need to arrive early. People I know have parked at the hyde park Village garages, but they can fill up by noon. Drive down Bay to Bay Blvd, Swann Ave or Platt Streets towards Bayshore, churches, businesses and people open there lots/lawns, driveways to park..just get there by noonish. Or even better if you are in South Tampa, bike or take a taxi. You will want to get droipped off and walk around bayshore till you find a spot(if you want out of the crowds go to the 'water' side of Bayshore that is open to the public. The parade starts at bay to bay blvd and bayshore around 2pm.

Remember, this year they are not allowing ANY COOLERS at all and no OPEN CONTAINERS in the neighborhoods around Bayshore Blvd. Cant wait to see how they happen to enforce the no coolers on the parade route, some people get there at 11am and wait.....
So i won't be able to sip that delicious rum while waiting for my mateys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay