Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 12:07 PM

598 posts, read 2,261,107 times

Advertisements

The area around ST. Joe's really is no place you want to be living! (Unless you happen to be an illegal Mexican of course lol) I frequent many offices there for my work and let me tell you the hispanic poplulation is growing VERY rapidly there. Most businesses (95%?) have spanish signs and the people speak little english if any... Most everyone there is hispanic and black (St. Joe's is on MLK blvd). The traffic is a miserable mess. Tampa is a dangerous place, as is Ybor. Lots of gangs, car jacking, drive-by shooting, rapes... You would be way better off living OUTSIDE the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2006, 01:42 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,725,650 times
Thank you all for the responses. I ended up choosing a rental in Land O' Lakes.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:35 PM

34 posts, read 135,628 times
Default tampa

That and stealing from the elderly seem to be the norm around here.[/quote]Tampa area is full of child molesters. Everyday you hear something on the news here about it.

Okay seriously, you don't think there is child molesters anywhere else?? Maybe you hear about them because it is LOCAL news. I don't think any news channel has the time to report every nationwide child molester. They are an hour long, therefore, the local news reports what happens in the areas. And I am quite certain in California they report the molesters of their area, and so on.

Am I saying tampa doesn't have a high crime rate, NO. I don't think you will go to westchase and see them deal drugs at the corner either. Yes of course there is crime as with EVERY major city. There isn't bus lines in the country therfore the poorer,shady people tend to stick to the cities where they can get around. Either you all who think tampa is one of the WORST CITIES around live in a Bubble or you are being completely impractical. No I wouldn't go to YBOR city partying, but then again I am not in my early 20's anymore either. I am sure if I was I would be there. But there is tons of nice nightlife in tampa that you can feel safe and secure. (channelside for instance.)

It is the same EVERYWHERE. Look at ST. Pete. To be honest I hear WAY more drive by's that happen there, however there is some BEAUTIFUL areas of st. Pete.

The country as a whole is getting more and more unsafe. For goodness sake I live in Tampa and have NEVER gotten my car, my house, or anything bad happen. My parents live in Ohio in a city where they have like 1 traffic light and had someone break in. Go figure.

Yes is is VERY hispanic, I will not argue that point, as I think it is very honest. Is that bad, I must say they should make them learn english before becoming a citizen. But other than that, I would much rather see them, then the white trash rednecks w/the beat up cars and rebel flags. (granted the cuban and purto rican flags can go to, if you love your country that much you feel you have to wave a flag, then move back there, don't come to america, cause you feel it is better, then wave a diffrent flag?!?!? That is nonsense)

Anyway as with any city there are some great parts and some horrid parts, Tampa is VERY easily determined to which area you are in. You aren't going to accidentally move into the hood. Hopefully you have commen sense enough to look around and see you are in the hood. But you can't knock a whole city because it has some trash. They all do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay