U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-10-2011, 03:17 PM
 
13,741 posts, read 9,362,500 times
Reputation: 4431

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
That's a really good way to bring property values up, fill a subdivision full of renters, lol...
That is what makes up 90% of west Pasco and that is the reason the area is full of drug dealers and trash. All the old people that bought these small 2bedroom shoebox homes in the early and mid 70's are dead, now they are filled up with low class renters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-10-2011, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
3,237 posts, read 5,143,692 times
Reputation: 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
That is what makes up 90% of west Pasco and that is the reason the area is full of drug dealers and trash. All the old people that bought these small 2bedroom shoebox homes in the early and mid 70's are dead, now they are filled up with low class renters.
Somebody has to rent them to the lowlives. How does it feel to be an enabler?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Hernando County, FL
8,488 posts, read 17,959,566 times
Reputation: 5397
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
That is what makes up 90% of west Pasco and that is the reason the area is full of drug dealers and trash. All the old people that bought these small 2bedroom shoebox homes in the early and mid 70's are dead, now they are filled up with low class renters.
Since about 80% of Pasco County is owner occupied homes with the vast majority of the population in West Pasco, your numbers are completely trash.
Anyone that reads more than a few of your posts knows to just disregard what you say since there is hardly a sliver of truth to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 03:36 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,589 posts, read 6,836,312 times
Reputation: 9856
The last few years of my aunts life were hell liiving off of Moog Rd and Overland Drive in Holiday! What had become a well kept block of little homes perfect for retirees became rundown drug houses. The house next to her was raided twice and my daughter and I walked into a robbery while checking on the house in 2007. I was so outraged seeing this young druggie and his girlfriend stealing from my aunt I confronted the young woman and told her she should be ashamed stealing from and 80 woman!!Dumb I know but it was just that galling to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 03:42 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,589 posts, read 6,836,312 times
Reputation: 9856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Since about 80% of Pasco County is owner occupied homes with the vast majority of the population in West Pasco, your numbers are completely trash.
Anyone that reads more than a few of your posts knows to just disregard what you say since there is hardly a sliver of truth to them.
The % you quote is for yhe county as a whole which includes Wesely Chapel and Land-o-Lakes where home ownership is high. You have to admit that even to the most casual observer West Pasco especially Holiday which was a safe clean spot of retirees from 70's to late 90's has become a s@#% hole!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 04:05 PM
 
13,741 posts, read 9,362,500 times
Reputation: 4431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Since about 80% of Pasco County is owner occupied homes with the vast majority of the population in West Pasco, your numbers are completely trash.
Anyone that reads more than a few of your posts knows to just disregard what you say since there is hardly a sliver of truth to them.
You are another one full of BS. You don't live in Westport or any of the areas around the Gulfview mall as i did for 7 years. All anyone has to do is check out the Port Richey are at the Pasco Sheriff's website, click on subdivision activity, then click Westport and see all the crimes reported week after week. All of these crimes are not coming from home owners, way more than half of Westport is rented out to trash. I've had 5 drug dealers rent next to me in a row in the same house. Anyone that wants a tour is welcome to stop by and will be more than happy to point out the facts. You live in a dream world with no facts about Westport or any of the areas around the Gulfview mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 06:32 PM
 
Location: You know... That place
1,899 posts, read 2,440,705 times
Reputation: 2057
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
You are another one full of BS. You don't live in Westport or any of the areas around the Gulfview mall as i did for 7 years. All anyone has to do is check out the Port Richey are at the Pasco Sheriff's website, click on subdivision activity, then click Westport and see all the crimes reported week after week. All of these crimes are not coming from home owners, way more than half of Westport is rented out to trash. I've had 5 drug dealers rent next to me in a row in the same house. Anyone that wants a tour is welcome to stop by and will be more than happy to point out the facts. You live in a dream world with no facts about Westport or any of the areas around the Gulfview mall.
Those couple of houses do not make up an entire half of a county. How do you not understand that? Should I say that all of Hillsborough County is full of scum because I saw someone dealing drugs out of one house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 07:47 PM
 
13,741 posts, read 9,362,500 times
Reputation: 4431
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Those couple of houses do not make up an entire half of a county. How do you not understand that? Should I say that all of Hillsborough County is full of scum because I saw someone dealing drugs out of one house?
Most of Hills county is bad, minus Danashores and few other high class areas.

I can drive from Hoilday to Hudosn and see all the small trashy homes by the 1000's till the cows come home. It's not just Westport by a long shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 08:08 PM
 
5,507 posts, read 9,285,170 times
Reputation: 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
The % you quote is for yhe county as a whole which includes Wesely Chapel and Land-o-Lakes where home ownership is high. You have to admit that even to the most casual observer West Pasco especially Holiday which was a safe clean spot of retirees from 70's to late 90's has become a s@#% hole!!
This is accurate. They used to be nice two bedroom homes for retirees. Now they are homes for low income families of 4/5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2011, 02:10 AM
 
Location: Hernando County, FL
8,488 posts, read 17,959,566 times
Reputation: 5397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
The % you quote is for yhe county as a whole which includes Wesely Chapel and Land-o-Lakes where home ownership is high. You have to admit that even to the most casual observer West Pasco especially Holiday which was a safe clean spot of retirees from 70's to late 90's has become a s@#% hole!!
Yes I know my numbers include all of Pasco including Wesley Chapel and Land O Lakes but as I stated, with the vast majority of the population being in West Pasco, his numbers are not even remotely close to the truth.

I never claimed all of West Pasco is great, I have also said before that there are some areas that are bad. I will not say that all of West Pasco is terrible since it is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top